Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
logo
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 202 mal aufgerufen
 Ihr seid gefragt!
zhanjiao1212 Offline

12.04.2019 02:46
nding Player failed to eclipse 1,000 yar Antworten

OTTAWA -- Paris Jackson says the way his time with his hometown B. Air Max 97 Cheap Australia .C. Lions ended left him with a chip on his shoulder. Now, after 11 seasons in Vancouver, Jackson is heading east to rejuvenate his career. The 33-year-old wide receiver signed with the expansion Ottawa Redblacks in the off-season looking to prove hes still capable of making a valuable contribution both on and off the field. "Thats why I came here," Jackson said. "My family knew I wasnt too happy in Vancouver anymore, not having a role and not really knowing what was going on and just playing kind of spur of the moment and not getting many reps. "I needed a new spark in my career." Jackson was one of the Lions most consistent receivers. His best season was in 2008 when he caught 76 passes for 1,180 yards and eight touchdowns, and was named a CFL West All-Star. In 2009 Jackson moved to slotback, and recorded his second straight 1,000-yard season. In 2010 Jackson saw his receiving numbers decrease as he was hampered by injuries, and from that point on was relegated to a backup role with the Lions leading to frustration and disappointment. He used sparingly in his final three seasons in Vancouver before being released by the Lions. "I knew I still had a lot more athletic ability and a lot more plays to make before I retire," Jackson said. "I knew Ottawa was coming back in the league and I tried to be patient and not show all my cards, but at the end of the day I really wanted to come here because I knew I could help out a lot of young receivers." While his role with the Redblacks has yet to be determined, head coach Rick Campbell says hes been impressed with Jacksons work both on and off the field. "Hes in a competition to win a job and hes been doing a great job so far both on the field with his play and trying to be a leader trying to lead the way for some of the younger guys," said Campbell. "Hes looking good. Paris has been a good player in this league for a long time and I dont think hes done yet." Retribution can be a great motivating factor and its clear Jackson wants to prove hes still a playmaker. "I have a chip on my shoulder," Jackson said. "I wasnt beat out in Vancouver. They just gave someone my spot. Coming off an 800-yard season and two back-to-back seasons of 1,000 yards and they just gave a young guy my spot. Im old school and believe you should have to earn my spot." Jackson says the situation with the Lions didnt sit well with him, but he swallowed his pride, as he knew he was fortunate to still be playing in front of family and friends. But he still believed he could have an impact given the opportunity and thats exactly what he plans on doing in Ottawa. Quarterback Henry Burris believes Jackson has a lot to offer and even went as far as calling the receiver during the off-season and encouraging him to consider Ottawa as a destination. Burris sees no reason why Jackson cant excel and strongly believes the two can be a force for the Redblacks. "Ive already told him Im leaning on him this year," said Burris. "When you look at experience hes our leader on our receiving core. The guys a playmaker and I cant wait to get going with him because Ive seen his potential and the things that hes done in the past, killing us when I played for different teams going against BC. He just needed a chance to play and now hes getting that opportunity." Burris says hes spoken at great length with Jackson and sees a renewed passion. "Hes coming in full steam ahead," said Burris. "He plays with a level of passion you only see the greats play with. Hes chomping at the bit right now." Jackson appreciates having Burris in his corner. "When you have your quarterback on board and he knows where youre supposed to be and you know that the balls going to come it just makes things that much more exciting," Jackson said. While Jackson was determined to keep playing he says his two young children, a five-year-old daughter and three-year-old son, played a big factor in his decision to sign with Ottawa. "Theyve had opportunities to see me play, but I really want them to relish and understand how much I put forward in my career to try and solidify my family for the rest of their life," he said. "I also want them to have memories of me playing for the rest of their life and not just being on special teams." Wholesale Air Max 97 Australia . - Derek Wolfe says hes finally healthy after suffering a seizure in November that doctors now believe was related to the spinal cord injury he suffered in the preseason. Cheap Air Max 97 Australia .com Tours Nova Scotia Open. The 27-year-old Sloan, a former Texas-El Paso player from Calgary matched first-round leader Rodriguez at 10-under 132 on Ashburn Golf Clubs New Course. http://www.cheapairmax97australia.com/ .Y. - The New York Islanders are brimming with confidence these days, thanks to a standout goalie and a newfound winning attitude.Its always a bit of a gamble, taking a flyer on an aging star and hoping he still has some of it – whatever it was that made him great for all those years – left in the tank. We know what he has done; we wonder what he can still do. Thats the gamble the Saskatchewan Roughriders took this off-season when they traded for aging star Geroy Simon before he was released and free to sign with the highest bidder. Granted the Roughriders gave up little to acquire Simon, sending in exchange the since-released Justin Harper and a third-round pick in the 2014 draft, but they are still banking on him to be not only a leader off the field but a productive player on it as well. Simon leaves the Lions as the leagues all-time leading receiver with 15,887 yards. Hes nearing in on 1,000 career catches and has found the end zone a total of 100 times. But perhaps of more interest to the Roughriders are Simons stats from a year ago. With just 54 catches for 700 yards, it was the first time in 10 seasons the 2006 Most Outstanding Player failed to eclipse 1,000 yards receiving. Of course injuries played a part in Simons subpar stat line of 2012 – he played in only 13 regular season games – but injuries could become a consistent concern for Simon, who missed just three games in the 10 years before last season, as he continues to age. Cheap Air Max 97 Online. Its worth noting the two-time Grey Cup champion left the only pre-season game he suited up for this year with an undisclosed injury. Injuries aside, at 37-years-old is Simon the type of player that can stay productive even as his physical skills decline? Had he been healthy for a full 18 games last year, his projected numbers fall just short of a 1,000-yard season, one year after collecting 1,350 yards through the air. Simon will never be remembered as anything but a BC Lion, no amount of heroics in Saskatchewan this year will change that. But that doesnt have to be the case for this trade to be considered a success for the Roughriders. Last year Henry Burris moved east after the Calgary Stampeders felt they no longer required the veterans services and had perhaps the best statistical year of his lengthy career. Simons move isnt as far east, but hell be looking to mimic Burris resurgent season. The Rouge asks: Can Geroy Simon still be ‘super in Saskatchewan? Youve heard what weve had to say, now its your turn. As always, its Your! Call. ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Forum Software von Xobor
Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen
Datenschutz