Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
logo
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 89 mal aufgerufen
 Ihr seid gefragt!
zhanjiao1212 Offline

15.04.2019 07:57
though is not. Announced to become par Antworten

Philadelphia, PA (SportsNetwork. Wholesale New Balance Shoes .com) - The Orlando Magic are the only team in the NBA who have reached the halfway point in the season. So, if its good enough for one team out of 30, then we shall declare it the midpoint of the 2014-15 NBA season. In doing so, lets examine where the awards would go if the campaign was drastically shortened, which, no one would cry a single tear about. MVP - JAMES HARDEN, HOUSTON ROCKETS Almost every other pundit has tabbed Steph Curry from the Golden State Warriors for this honor and I get it. Curry is the best player from the best team in the league, and, in the absence of a runaway contender, that formula is a solid means to an answer. However, I believe Harden has been a more valuable player for the Rockets. The statistics bare out pretty equal seasons. Harden is ahead in scoring, but Curry is up in assists. Pretty standard stuff since one is a shooting guard and the other is a point guard. (Although, I love that Harden is averaging a career-high 6.6 assists per game, which is second to LeBron James among non- point guards, and a near 90 percent clip from the foul line while leading the league in attempts.) Here are the three things that give Harden an edge for me: First, the Warriors are a much better, more complete team. Sounds like a plus for Curry, but Harden has done most of the heavy lifting in keeping the Rockets within four of the Warriors for the best record in the league. Curry is magnificent, but his team is loaded with two-way athletes in a manner that the Rockets are not. The overall talent is stronger in Golden State than in Houston, thus, making Hardens achievements this season more impressive. Second, when you are literally the butt of social media jokes about how horrendous a defender you are, it shows something to improve. Harden is not quite Gary Payton, but his defense has improved tremendously. Hes 12th in defensive rating and second in defensive win shares. Granted, those numbers changed with the arrival of Trevor Ariza and the continued solid defense from Dwight Howard, but Harden went from punch line to serviceable. The Rockets are third in opponents scoring and fourth in opponents field goal percentage. Last season, they were 23rd and seventh in those same categories. Harden isnt at the heart of the turnaround, but hes no longer weighing them down defensively like an anvil chained to the leg of a mob informant. Finally, during an 11-game stretch when Howard was down with a knee injury from mid-November to mid-December, Harden kept the Rockets afloat, going 8-3 in the process. During that stretch, Harden averaged 29 points and 6.1 assists per game. Curry hasnt had to deal with anything like that. Adversity shouldnt translate into automatic MVP victory. Its not the Oscars, where an actress will win if she plays an alcoholic, single-mother stripper, whose daughter is a piano prodigy and mom must find a way to work a third job to pay for a good teacher as well as trips abroad so the daughter can perform in recitals. Harden has kept the Rockets near the top of the league without a supporting cast like Currys. While Ariza has been a revelation, Howard is averaging nine- season lows in scoring, rebounding and blocked shots. Harden has taken a team, Ill admit, I had missing the playoffs, and got them the fourth-best record in the NBA. With less around him, I go Harden over Curry. COACH OF THE YEAR - STEVE KERR, GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS This is possibly the closest competition for an award I can remember. How could you not like Mike Budenholzer of the Atlanta Hawks? With a stunningly similar roster that finished under .500 last season, Bud has the Hawks atop the Eastern Conference by four games (Al Horford is really important, too). However, Kerr gets my nod for the simple fact that he made extraordinary coaching decisions that paid massive dividends. He started Harrison Barnes and Draymond Green over Andre Iguodala and David Lee. Kerr put two infants in there at the expense of 21 combined seasons, three All-Star appearances and $27 million in 2014-15 salary. And its worked unbelievably. His lineup changed meant the Warriors starters can switch almost any time without massive consequence. Kerr had the hard job of replacing Mark Jackson, who is not quite Phil Jackson, but had the eternal respect of his players. Kerr erased any doubts, and quickly. I will fault no one who votes Budenholzer, but I think Kerr has done just a little more. ROOKIE OF THE YEAR - ANDREW WIGGINS, MINNESOTA TIMBERWOLVES Since Jabari Parkers injury, Wiggins was destined to pull away some. He has, but he would have even if Parkers ACL didnt tear. Over the last 10 games, Wiggins is averaging 21 ppg. Granted, they are all Timberwolves losses, but Wiggins game is rounding out nicely. Remember, he started slowly at Kansas, then emerged. As the T-wolves continue to be terrible, Wiggins is getting a chance to develop greatly. Shabazz Mohammeds insertion into the starting lineup, thus moving Wiggins to the shooting guard, paid off handsomely for the No. 1 pick as well. DEFENSIVE PLAYER OF THE YEAR - DRAYMOND GREEN, GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS Know who leads the league in Defensive Rating and Defensive Win Shares? Draymond Green. Know how to calculate either of those? (Not rhetorical, please help me.) The Warriors rank first in opponents field goal percentage. Green is one integral piece of that team-oriented puzzle. Andrew Bogut is a top-five defensive big man. Klay Thompson and Andre Iguodala are both upper echelon wing defenders. Steph Curry is underrated and leads the league in steals. But heres why I like Green so much for this award - hes a wonderful combination of all of those things and that versatility is what makes the Warriors a stout defense. Golden State can constantly switch anything because players like Green can cover all five positions. To have that kind of flexibility is huge. Green is the best demonstration of that. SIXTH MAN OF THE YEAR - LOU WILLIAMS, TORONTO RAPTORS Jamal Crawford of the Los Angeles Clippers, Ryan Anderson of the New Orleans Pelicans, Williams, Reggie Jackson of the Oklahoma City Thunder and Isaiah Thomas of the Phoenix Suns are all close in scoring. I feel like Williams and Thomas have done more for their teams in terms of helping them win games. I feel like Williams did more when DeMar DeRozan was gone to help Toronto keep pace. Thomas missed a few too many games. MOST IMPROVED PLAYER - JIMMY BUTLER, CHICAGO BULLS Ill say it - I hate this award. Its too hard to figure out the meaning of a three-word award. Too many people vote for someone who gets more playing time than the season before. Is that technically improvement or did that player just receive a mountains worth of more run? Or did the player improve so much during camp, that he forced his way into this new-found time? Ive always favored the player who improves, not the one who receives more playing time, although, Ive softened on that. There is a reasonable argument to be made that a player like an Alex Len of the Suns improved enough to crack the rotation. But, Im going with a player who didnt receive a bump in minutes. That wouldve been next to impossible considering Jimmy Butler shared the league lead in minutes per game last season. Hes first again this season. In literally ONE MORE MINUTE of playing time per game this campaign than last, here is the tale of Jimmy Butler: 2013-14 2014-15 Points per game: 13.1 20.9 Assists per game: 2.6 3.4 Rebounds per game: 4.9 6.2 3-point percentage: 28.3 34.2 field goal percentage: 39.7 46.4 free throw percentage: 76.9 83.0 Thats with ONE MORE MINUTE a game. Theres not a better example of improvement in the league. New Balance Shoes On Sale .com) - Theres nothing better for a team than to send out the staff ace in the most important game of the season. Cheap New Balance Wholesale .C. - Goodyear has warned teams that increased speeds at Charlotte Motor Speedway will put a heavy emphasis on the right front tires in Saturday nights race a€” a potentially key development for drivers trying to advance in the Chase for the Sprint Cup Championship. http://www.cheapnewbalance.us/ .com) - Lloyd Sam struck in stoppage time on Wednesday as Red Bull New York hung on for a crucial 1-0 win over Atlantic Cup rivals D.If we could use some of that vanishing spray from Brazil 2014 to remove the 1999 A League Season which was spent in Raleigh, North Carolina as the Impact sat out an outdoor season - Saturday afternoons league match at home to arch rival Toronto FC will represent the first time in over two decades the Montreal Impact will take to a football pitch without Nick De Santis leading from the front. Who would have known that when he was signed by the club for its inaugural 1993 season, De Santis would go on to carve out for himself one of the most distinguished careers, on and off the pitch in North American soccer history. Ask yourself now, who else comes to mind? Exactly. Through his tenures as player, player/assistant coach, head coach, GM and Sporting Director - outside of an MLS Cup and CONCACAF Champions League title, De Santis has been a winner. Seen it all too. Many tag De Santis as the Face of the Organization. He was much more than that. De Santis is both the face and force of the Impact. Driven, possessing of an unbridled competitive spirit -- like very few others ever to take to the pitch in North America -- and with an overriding passion, will and determination to succeed, De Santis was loved by many and loathed by others. Even the Dalia Lama has his detractors. De Santis left an impression, not always favourable with whomever he came into contact with. Like a few others that come to mind across world football, De Santis could spark a furious debate in a phone booth. The man cared. Like no other I have seen in all my years, from those early, Impact incubating days sitting in the empty stands over at Complexe Sportif Claude-Robillard right on through the clubs entire history. Relieved of his duties in midweek - a vast chasm and gap just like the abundance of pot holes and sink holes which define Montreal these days now exists over at Saputo Stadium. Everyone might be replaceable, as the old adage goes, but these are mighty big shoes to fill. Just as in 2006 when Mike Moretto left the club, it will take two people to fulfill the roles De Santis did. We got our first indication De Santis was on thinner ice during the clubs 2013 post-mortem last November when Joey Saputo announced that from now on, his Sporting Director and dear friend, would now solely focus on the senior team. As the winter turned to spring and now in the midst of deep summer with defeats forming like an iceberg, that thin ice De Santis was skating on slowly ebbed and flowed away. De Santis, as he has done throughout his entire career, went down fighting. From some ex-teammates and coaches through to certain sections of the supporter base and media, there will be those who will take a form of pleasure in his demise. Rivals and foes formed over two decades wont though. The very best definition I have of the Saputo/De Santis relationship comes from an old teammate who once described it to me in very simple terms. Discount New Balance Shoes. "Nick is Joeys confidence." Confidant, Counsel and Consciousness, not many football club owners are fortunate enough to have such a relationship and conduit. Saputo could always count on De Santis. Make no mistake; the De Santis DNA touched in some way, shape or form all aspects of the club on and off the pitch. These past few months could not have been easy for Saputo as he slowly realised De Santis time was up and the president had to face up to the inevitable. He had to let go of the man who he walked stride in stride with for nearly half of his entire life. Not only in the professional sense, but as crucially in the family, and personal sense as well. Anyone who has been fortunate, as I have over the years, to attend and witness the likes of pre-season team introduction events, post-season banquets through to the Saputo Stadium ground breaking ceremony and inaugural weekend, let alone the championship matches and other defining football moments, knows De Santis commands the love and respect of the extended Saputo family. Saputos apt choice of word Wednesday morning, "relieved when announcing De Santis had paid the price, likely also best describes how Saputo himself felt. The inner anguish, the personal and professional turmoil the Impacts president has suffered through these past few months especially, was finally at an end. De Santis time with the club though is not. Announced to become part of the clubs administration in as yet undefined role is only right and fitting. Two things immediately spring to mind. The first was in June 2008 when it was announced De Santis was let go as head coach but was appointed as GM - someone in the media questioned why he had been promoted. Saputo let it be known right there, De Santis would always be a part of the club. The other occasion was down on the pitch in October 2009 shortly after the Impact had clinched their third playoff title. Live on the radio I put it to De Santis – youve won it as a player, a coach and now as GM when will you win it as President? "Lets not talk about that, lets just enjoy this moment," was his deadpan response. A place in the Canadian Soccer Hall of Fame awaits. As a club tribute, a statue of De Santis should grace Saputo Stadium. To be placed just outside the players entrance. After two decades of football service the local lad from east end St Michel might be gone from the pitch, but he will not ever be forgotten. Je me souviens. Noel.Butler@BellMedia.ca @TheSoccerNoel on Twitter Montreal Impact Vs Toronto FC live on TSN690 [TSN690.ca] Saturday. Kick Off 5:00pm – Brian Wilde [@BrianWilde] and Grant Needham [@GrantNeedham] with your call. ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Forum Software von Xobor
Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen
Datenschutz