Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
logo
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 186 mal aufgerufen
 Let´s talk about everything
carrie201918 Offline

19.04.2019 08:55
fter an All-America career a Antworten

CLEVELAND -- Dont ask Maurice Cheeks why his team is so successful away from home. The Detroit Pistons coach cant explain it. "I dont have any theories why that is," he said. "I just dont know." Josh Smith scored 25 points, Brandon Jennings added 21 and the Pistons continued their domimant play on the road with a 115-92 win over the Cleveland Cavaliers on Monday night. The Pistons have won seven of their last eight away from home, including victories against defending NBA champion Miami and Indiana, which has the best record in the Eastern Conference. While Cheeks cant come up with a reason, reserve guard Chauncey Billups, a veteran of 17 seasons, managed to put his finger on something. "On the road, all we have is us," he said. "We know we have to stick together when their crowds get going and they go on runs." The Pistons went on plenty of runs in their latest road success. Detroit went ahead for good midway through the first quarter and built a 21-point lead late in the first half. The margin reached 28 points in the fourth quarter as the Pistons rolled to their biggest win of the season. Jennings also had 13 assists for Detroit, which placed seven players in double figures. Kyrie Irving scored 21 points for Cleveland, which has lost four of five. "We got our butts handed to us tonight," said forward Tristan Thompson. The Cavaliers had shown signs of progress earlier this month, winning three straight and five of six. Cleveland has struggled since, dropping close games to Miami and Portland and losing by 16 points to a short-handed Chicago team on Saturday. "Our sense of urgency the last two ballgames has been non-existent," Cleveland coach Mike Brown said. Cavaliers centre Andrew Bynum was scoreless in 22 minutes, missing all 11 shots from the field and getting seven rebounds. Detroit is 6-10 on its own court and was coming off home losses to Charlotte and Houston, but took control early. Smith scored 10 points in the first quarter when Detroit shot 56 per cent. Smith hit 3-pointers on back-to-back possessions late in the second quarter that stretched the lead to 56-35. The Pistons were 22 of 41 from the field in the first half and took a 58-40 lead to the locker room. Cleveland cut the lead to 10 points in the third quarter, but three baskets by Jennings, including two 3-pointers, five points by Smith and dunks by Andre Drummond on consecutive fast breaks extended the lead back to 89-64. Smith was 10 of 18 from the field and had eight rebounds and three assists in 31 minutes. "Working in the paint is the strength in our game, so Im making a conscious effort to not settle for shots," Smith said. "Im used to being a little selfish, but I can be a distributor when other guys get hot." Jennings directed the offence with 13 assists. Drummond had 14 points and 11 rebounds while Greg Monroe scored 11 points and had 11 rebounds. Reserves from both teams played most of the fourth quarter. Thompson scored 17 points for the Cavaliers. Cleveland played without guard Dion Waiters, the teams second-leading scorer, for the third straight game because of tendinitis in his right wrist. Brown is still searching for answers to get his team to play with more consistency. The loss was Clevelands biggest at home since a 125-90 defeat against San Antonio on April 3, 2012. "I dont know if we mentally understand what it takes to keep doing this every time we step out on the floor," he said. "Were getting hit in the mouth right now and Im interested to see if we can respond the right way." The Pistons have won seven in a row against the Cavaliers, including four straight in Cleveland. Cheeks coached his 600th career game. He has also coached for Portland and Philadelphia. NOTES: Drummond was given a flagrant foul for knocking Thompson to the floor while the Cavaliers forward drove in the lane in the first quarter. ... The Cavaliers were hit with three delay-of-game warnings in the first quarter, resulting in two technical fouls. ... Cavaliers rookie F Anthony Bennett -- the No. 1 overall pick in the draft -- returned after missing two games with the flu. He missed three shots and committed a turnover in six first quarter minutes. Bennett ended the game with seven points. ... Cleveland reserve C Tyler Zeller scored a season-high 13 points, all in the fourth quarter. ... Drummond recorded his 21st double-double of the season. Custom Carolina Hurricanes Jerseys . - No matter the lineup or location, the San Antonio Spurs are rolling through the NBA again this spring, just the way they have for most of the last two decades. Justin Faulk Jersey .35 million. The right-hander had agreed last February to a deal that pays him $3.775 million this year and allows him to earn an additional $225,000 in bonuses based on games finished. http://www.hurricanessale.com/authentic-...ricanes-jersey/. Now, he might be their hottest pitcher. Lobstein earned up his first major league victory Sunday night, allowing one run in 5 2-3 innings in the Tigers 6-1 win over the San Francisco Giants. Carolina Hurricanes Jerseys . Canadas 5-1 loss to Finland in the semifinal ranks as the tournaments most-watched game with a record 2.7 million viewers, the largest ever for a World Juniors game played outside of North America, and winning Saturday as the most-watched program on Canadian television. GOLD COAST, Australia -- Cheyenne Woods won the Australian Ladies Masters on Sunday for her first major professional tour victory, holding off 17-year-old Australian amateur Minjee Lee by two strokes. The 23-year-old Woods, Tiger Woods niece, closed with a 4-under 69 at Royal Pines to finish at 16-under 276. Lee also shot 69 in the event sanctioned by the European and Australian tours. Woods birdied the par-5 15th to open a two-stroke lead, hitting a wedge from about 120 yards to 4 feet. On the par-5 18th, she matched Lee with a birdie, holing out from 1 1/2 feet. "This is a huge accomplishment for me," Woods said. "The European Tour has been great to be able to play this past year. Ive been able to see all of these great players, play with Solheim Cup members ... to be able to come out here and compete with them and come out on top was huge for me." From Phoenix, Woods is the daughter of Earl Woods Jr., Tiger Woods half brother. Woods turned professional in 2012 after an All-America career at Wake Forest and her only previous pro viictory came in 2012 in a SunCoast mini-tour event.dddddddddddd In December, she missed the cut in the LPGA Tours qualifying tournament in a failed bid to earn a spot on the circuit. "Ive been pro for two years and, for the majority of it, people just think of me as Tiger Woods niece, so now I have a game of my own and I have a title now, a win, which is exciting," she said. "Its nice now to say to people that I can play and Im not just a name. Growing up with the last name of Woods, theres a lot of expectations and pressure and spotlight on you but I always knew that I was able to win. I always knew Id be able to compete with these ladies, so now its kind of a weight off my shoulders because now everybody knows not just me." Woods earned $51,000 and a two-year exemption on the Ladies European Tour. She will play next week in the LPGA Tour-sanctioned Womens Australian Open in Victoria. South Africas Stacy Lee Bregman and Swedens Camilla Lennarth tied for third at 12 under. Bergman closed with a 72, and Lenmarth had a 70. ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Forum Software von Xobor
Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen
Datenschutz