Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
logo
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 226 mal aufgerufen
 Ihr seid gefragt!
carrie201918 Offline

24.04.2019 04:35
ied the 12th but was in trouble again with Antworten

CANTON, Ohio -- As the crowd of football fans bowed their heads before Browns owner Jimmy Haslam spoke, a priest delivering the invocation asked for a special blessing for new quarterback Johnny Manziel. He may need more than divine intervention. "Father, I dont think Ive ever heard a prayer like that," Haslam told the clergy man. "Im not sure what Brian Hoyer thought of that either." Speaking for the first time since the Browns landed Manziel, Texas A&Ms playmaking quarterback in the NFL draft, Haslam made it clear that Johnny Football will have to earn everything he gets and wont jump Brian Hoyer on the depth chart just because he has a Heisman Trophy, celebrity friends or fame. "Hes not the starter," Haslam said of Manziel. Haslam spoke Monday to a packed room of 500 -- most of them hardcore Cleveland fans, who wanted to know how the Browns boss felt the team did in the three-day draft. Clevelands biggest move was picking the polarizing Manziel with the No. 22 overall pick in the first round. His selection has brought a buzz to the Browns and sparked sales of season tickets and No. 2 jerseys. And while Haslam is thrilled at the pick, he said the Browns -- starting with first-year coach Mike Pettine -- have told Manziel not to expect any preferential treatment. "We were very frank with him that Youre the backup quarterback. This is a hardworking, blue-collar town. This isnt Hollywood," Haslam said. "We want you to come in here, work hard and work as hard as anybody on the team. Hes not the starter. Brian Hoyer is our starting quarterback. Johnny is the backup." Haslam called Manziel "ultra-competitive" and feels the 21-year-old will come to training camp with the right attitude. He knows Manziel wants to prove he can succeed in the pros. "I think youll find a guy thats really hard-working, a serious guy that doesnt want to be a three-year-in-the-league flash-and-out who makes a lot of money on endorsements," Haslam said. "Hes a football player. He was a little upset he went 22. He was a little upset he was the second quarterback picked. I think he comes in with a little bit of a chip on his shoulder and wants to show the people hes about winning games and not about all the other stuff, if you will." Following the speech, Haslam also denounced a report that the Browns originally submitted Lousiville quarterback Teddy Bridgewaters name on the draft card at No. 22 before changing it to Manziels. "Thats crazy. Thats nuts," Haslam told The Associated Press. Earlier, Pettine shot down the same report at the teams charity golf outing in Aurora. "Its absolutely false," Pettine said. "I heard that story too. Its beyond laughable." Haslam also tried to clear up any misconceptions that he was the one who orchestrated the pick of Manziel. Haslam complimented general manager Ray Farmer for staying "unbelievably disciplined" during the draft and said it was the GMs choice -- not his -- to move up and take Manziel. "I thought it was very important we take a quarterback this year, because Brian Hoyer -- great guy, great leader -- hasnt played that much and is coming off an injury. "So I thought it was important to take a quarterback. We picked the top-rated quarterback on our board when he was available. That was solely Rays call, not my call. Soley Rays call, not my call. OK?" Haslam was careful not to comment directly on the fluid situation involving Pro Bowl wide receiver Josh Gordon. ESPN reported on Friday that Gordon is facing a one-year ban from the league for failing another drug test. Gordon was suspended two games last season for violating the leagues substance abuse policy but still led the league in yards receiving. Haslam said Gordon is making strides, and the third-year player has the Browns support. "Josh is 22 years old, OK?" he said, "and all of us need to think back to when we were 22 or think back to when our kids were 22, OK? Josh is learning and growing and improving as a person. Hes learning how to work hard. Hes learning how to be a professional. Josh is a smart young man. "All of us have made mistakes when we were that age. Were counting on Josh being a good football player for the Browns for a long time to come. We have all spent a lot of time talking to Josh and Im not going to comment on the situation, but Ill say this, Ive been very pleased with his professional growth over the last year and the way he handles himself." Jose de Jesus Corona Jersey . The two-time Olympic halfpipe gold medallist informed ESPN on Monday he plans to compete in Apsen, Colo. Javier Aquino Jersey . Best has been bothered by concussion problems and hasnt played since Oct. 16, when the Lions lost to San Francisco. After starting 5-0, Detroit has lost four of six, beginning with that game against the 49ers. http://www.soccermexicojerseysteamstore....jersey/.Cowboys owner Jerry Jones seems to be leaning the fiscally responsible way.Let me put it like this: Its going to be a challenge, Jones said of re-signing both of Dallas biggest potential free agents. Alfredo Talavera Jersey . DeGrom outpitched Jake Peavy in a tantalizing hitless duel that carried into the seventh inning Saturday night before the New York Mets broke loose and beat the San Francisco Giants 4-2. Jonathan dos Santos Jersey . According to TSN Hockey Insider Bob McKenzie, the deal will pay Schenn $2.25 million in the first year and $2.75 million in the second year. In 82 games with the Flyers in 2013-14, Schenn scored 20 goals and added 21 assists. VIRGINIA WATER, England -- Rory McIlroy put aside the anguish in his private life to win the European Tours flagship BMW PGA Championship on Sunday. The double major winner came from seven shots back at the start of the final round to shoot a 6-under 66 and win by 1 stroke with an overall 14-under 274 on the Wentworth course. It was McIlroys first European Tour success since December 2012 and ends a run of eight second-place finishes in 11 events this season. Shane Lowry of Ireland came second with a round of 68 for a 13-under 275. Denmarks Thomas Bjorn (75) shared third place on 12 under with Englands two-time BMW PGA winner Luke Donald (70). McIlroys 12th victory worldwide comes four days after the 25-year old Northern Irishman confirmed the breakdown in his relationship with Danish tennis star Caroline Wozniacki. McIlroy had been close to tears on Wednesday when talking to the media. He was still subdued Sunday despite his victory though he hugged his father Gerry and long-time coach Michael Bannon. "I guess when I got inside the ropes this week, it was a little bit of a release, and I was on my own and doing what I do best, which is playing golf, and that sort of gave me four or five hours of serenity or sanctuary or whatever you want to call it," McIlroy said. "I was just focusing on the job at hand which was to play golf and get the ball in the hole in the lowest number of shots possible ... Its obviously been a week of very mixed emotions, but Im sitting here looking at this trophy going, How the hell, how did it happen this week? But it did." It was McIlroys first success since coming from behind to win Decembers Australian Open in Sydney. He heads into next months U.S. Open as a strong contender to win the event for a second time in four years. "The win at the end of laast year in Australia sort of stopped all the questions about equipment and about struggling and slump and all this stuff," McIlroy said.dddddddddddd "But to win here, against a great field, one of the best fields of the year, especially in Europe sort of cements that, and shows where my game is and Im on the right track again. Hopefully, it wont be long before Im contending in majors and having a chance to win those again." Lowry went into the last day some five shots behind third round leader Bjorn but found himself in front when Bjorn took a triple bogey 7 at the par four No. 6. After three birdies in a row from the 10th, Lowry had his own troubles in taking a double bogey at the par four 13th. However, the former Irish Open and Portugal Masters winner regrouped to birdie the 14th and, while he dropped a shot at the next, the 26-year-old Lowry holed a 30-foot birdie at the last to secure second place on his own. "Im happy but I know I am going to be sitting in my hotel room tonight and the 13th hole is going to be going through my head," Lowry said. The 43-year-old Bjorn went into the last day with history on his side as no player had lost at this European Tour event after leading by five shots. By the ninth hole Bjorn had forfeited his advantage -- taking a bogey at No. 5, triple bogey at the sixth where he failed to get out of a greenside bunker in regulation, and dropping a further shot at the ninth. The Dane birdied the 12th but was in trouble again with bogeys at Nos. 14 and 15 before birdies at the next two holes in an eventual round of 75. "Its a disappointment when you come off the golf course like this," Bjorn said. "I just didnt get it right today and I made that massive judgment error on six and that kind of let everybody back into the frame." Blackhawks Jerseys Store Cheap Wild Jerseys Cheap Red Wings Jerseys Cheap Maple Leafs Jerseys Penguins Jerseys Store Capitals Jerseys For Sale Blues Jerseys Store Cheap Kings Jerseys Adidas Lightning Jerseys Stars Jerseys For Sale Cheap Predators Jerseys Ducks Store Sharks Jerseys For Sale Cheap Sabres Jerseys Rangers Jerseys For Sale ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Forum Software von Xobor
Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen
Datenschutz