Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
logo
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 89 mal aufgerufen
 Ihr seid gefragt!
carrie201918 Offline

06.05.2019 03:32
MONTREAL -- Montreals newly elected mayor, who has a proven knack for getting in the news, has already had his first public spat Antworten

MONTREAL -- Montreals newly elected mayor, who has a proven knack for getting in the news, has already had his first public spat with the local hockey team. Denis Coderre, the former federal MP who was elected mayor on Nov. 3, has drawn the ire of some Montreal Canadiens. During last nights game he tweeted: "Hello? Can we get a one-way ticket to (minor-league) Hamilton for David Desharnais please..." It was a rather run-of-the-mill remark for a regular hockey fan. Countless numbers of them tweet running commentary on Habs games and many have criticized the play of the struggling forward. But this one drew a little more attention, coming from the mayor. The team was pushing back at Coderre on Monday. Max Pacioretty, a longtime linemate of Desharnais, was particularly fuming and when asked about the remark he unloaded on the mayor. "Im very, very upset about that," Pacioretty said. "What, do you think hes gonna coach our team tomorrow? Thats embarrassing... "To bring down a player -- such a great person, such a great player, such a hard worker ... Daveys a true competitor and hes a great player and a great teammate, and thats just so uncalled for... Its only going to make matters worse." Defenseman Josh Gorges said its wrong to kick someone when theyre down. And coach Michel Therrien may quietly agree with Coderres assessment of Desharnais play, given that hes been handing him less icetime lately. But he doesnt welcome the remark. "I really believe this is inappropriate from our mayor," said Therrien, weighing his words carefully. Coderres outspokenness and penchant for grabbing the spotlight is a distant cry from the citys last elected mayor -- the understated, Harvard-educated Gerald Tremblay, who was eventually felled by a controversy over corruption at city hall. The first week alone has demonstrated that in abundance. Since Coderre won the election, he has already had a run-in with the Parti Quebecois provincial government over its religion charter; with the powerful mayor of Quebec City over a perceived slight to him; and now with the Montreal Canadiens. He also encouraged embattled Toronto mayor Rob Ford last week to switch to "Diet Coke." Nuri Sahin Jersey . -- The taxing preseason, which included two games in China, is finally over. Axel Witsel Jersey . An unconventional night for Texas-El Paso nearly led to the Miners getting a huge upset. Down by 14 with 2:21 left, the Miners went on a frantic closing spurt that fell just short, and UTEP was beaten by No. http://www.dortmundfcfanshop.com/c-28-se...und-jersey.aspx. -- League scoring leader Anthony Mantha had two goals and two assists to lead the Val-dOr Foreurs over the Blainville-Boisbriand Phoenix 6-3 on Wednesay in Quebec Major Junior Hockey League play on Wednesday. Maximilian Philipp Jersey .C. -- Al Jefferson knows few people will be giving the Charlotte Bobcats a chance to upset the Miami Heat in the first round of the Eastern Conference playoffs. Andriy Yarmolenko Jersey . The Calgary Stampeders running back received the West Division nomination for the CFLs top individual award Thursday in voting by the Football Reporters of Canada and leagues eight head coaches.CLEVELAND -- Kyrie Irving managed to find a silver lining -- and a sliver of hope for the Cavaliers playoff chances -- while dealing with his latest injury. The All-Star point guard will miss at least two weeks with a strained biceps tendon, but hes hopeful his season is not over. "If you could take a positive from the situation, obviously that would be one, that at this point, I dont have to get surgery, which is tremendous," Irving said following shootaround Tuesday at the Cleveland Clinic Courts. Clevelands leading scorer got hurt Sunday night in a loss against the Los Angeles Clippers. An MRI taken Monday revealed the strain, but not a tear, which would have ended Irvings season. Its still not a certainty hell be back, but the Cavs will rest him for two weeks before making any decisions. With 15 games left, the Cavs enter their home matchup against Miami five games behind Atlanta for the final playoff spot in the Eastern Conference. It was going to be a challenge for the Cavs to make up any ground with Irving, and now without him, theyre in a major bind. The 21-year-old was trying to strip the ball from Clippers forward Blake Griffin when his tendon gave out. "One of those freak plays against a strong individual in Blake," Irving said. "I tried to get the ball out of his hands. I knew something was wrong when I came to the bench. Obviously, I just felt just a weird feeling after that play in my shoulder. My arm looked a little different in the biceps area. Thats when I kknew that I strained it.dddddddddddd" Irving will miss at least eight games. Hes already sat out 41 in three NBA seasons, leading some to label him as injury prone. Its still possible he may need an operation, but Irving is trying to be optimistic. "Well see in two weeks," he said. "Im not going to give a definitive answer because I dont know that answer. At this point, Im just going to continue to support my teammates and be on the sideline. Whatever the medical team needs me to do and whatevers in my best interests, Im going to do." With his best player out, Cavs coach Mike Brown will start Dion Waiters in the backcourt with Jarrett Jack. Cleveland could get back C.J. Miles, who has missed 12 games with a sprained ankle. Waiters has provided a spark off the bench all season, and said hes going start with the same mindset hes had as a reserve. "Just going out there playing my game, let everything come to me," he said. "Dont go out there and try to press and do things I normally dont do. Just play the game and have fun." Waiters says all the Cavs have to step it up with Irving sidelined. "Kyrie is the best player on the team," Waiters said. "But it gives other guys the chance to play and show coach things they can do. Weve got to pick it up. Everybody has to be together and play for each other. Thats the biggest thing losing a huge piece like that. We have to play the game, move the ball and have fun out there." Cheap Celtics Jerseys Wholesale Nets Jerseys Cheap Knicks Jerseys Cheap Stitched 76ers Jerseys Raptors Jerseys China Cheap Bulls Jerseys Wholesale Cavaliers Jerseys Pistons Jerseys China Pacers Jerseys China Cheap Bucks Jerseys Online Wholesale Hawks Jerseys Cheap Hornets Jerseys Wholesale Heat Jerseys Cheap Magic Jerseys Authentic Wholesale Wizards Jerseys Nuggets Jerseys China Timberwolves Jerseys China Cheap Thunder Jerseys Authentic Wholesale Blazers Jerseys Wholesale Jazz Jerseys Cheap Warriors Jerseys For Sale Cheap Clippers Jerseys Lakers Jerseys China Wholesale Suns Jerseys Cheap Kings Jerseys Authentic Cheap Mavericks Jerseys Rockets Jerseys China Cheap Grizzlies Jerseys Wholesale Pelicans Jerseys Spurs Jerseys China ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Forum Software von Xobor
Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen
Datenschutz