Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
logo
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 122 mal aufgerufen
 Ihr seid gefragt!
carrie201918 Offline

15.05.2019 08:48
DB: Did sports play a big role at all for you in your life? CM: Yeah, I used to be a hockey player growing up and once I heard G Antworten

DB: Did sports play a big role at all for you in your life? CM: Yeah, I used to be a hockey player growing up and once I heard Guns N Roses I switched from collecting hockey cards to buying records. DB: Was there ever a moment in your life when you chose sports over music? CM: Well, early on, you know. I was always flip flopping between the two in my adolescence and preadolescence. Always into hockey, I was always a big hockey fan and always a big music fan. So, it was always both. DB: Well, now youre in a band with your brother and your cousin, so Im guessing you guys used to play a lot of ball hockey and mini-sticks together growing up like many other Canadian kids? CM: Yeah, we played street hockey a lot. (The Trews) DB: And has that carried over to you guys playing street hockey and mini-sticks on tour at all? CM: Oh yeah, we still play street hockey all the time! We just did a thing called pledge music that financed our latest record and one of the things you can pledge on was a 4 on 4 hockey game against the band. Were 1 and 1, we won in Medicine Hat and we lost just outside of Ottawa. DB: Any Canadian bands you think would give you guys a pretty good run? CM: I know theres quite a few really good players amongst the musicians. Gavin Brown who produced our record is a phenominal hockey player. Ive heard Gord Downie is a good goaltender and heard Alan Doyle is also a good goaltender. And Sam Roberts is a really good goaltender. To be honest, wed rank pretty low I think (Laughs). DB: Lots of talk right now about NHL expansion, maybe a team in Vegas, another team back in Quebec City. Would an NHL team work in the maritimes and where? CM: Yes. I think it should be Moncton because its more central. Halifax would be the one that everybody thinks it should be, but its kind of hard to get to and its a little remote. You actually have to turn off the highway because theres water there. But I think Moncton is central enough that youd get people from Halifax, Moncton, Fredericton, St. John, New Brunswick all going there for the games. DB: Lets say this hypothetical team happens and they name The Trews the global ambassadors, what would the team be called? CM: Oh, like Drake with the Raptors? (Laughs) It actually seemed to work for them though. Maybe well go with "We The East" (Laughs). (rockandrollreport.com) DB: Do you have strong feelings about whether or not a Canadian artist or band should play the Grey Cup halftime show? CM: Yeah, I think it shoulda been us. We were out there anyway on tour and they had that "great Canadian band, Imagine Dragons". DB: You shared the stage with Mick Jagger and the Rolling Stones back in 2005. Do you have a cool Stones story, maybe a cool interaction or moment you had with one of the members? CM: Well, first of all it was really cool to meet them, we played a small venue that night called the Phoenix in Toronto. And we watched them all arive, we were up in the dressing room and watching from the window as they all arrived in separate Rolls-Royces at the side of the Phoenix. And then during the set they were watching the gig and got to meet them afterwards and Mick came over to me and was like, "Howd it feel? Howd it feel? Howd it feel?" And I didnt know what to say other than it just felt really crazy. It was an awesome night. View image | gettyimages.com DB: So, Russell Brand kind of stole your thunder… CM: Ya, of all the people to steal your thunder! DB: (Laughs) Hes acknowledged you guys at least... CM: He only acknowledged us once. Weve sent him some songs, but the thing weve done as revenge to Russell Brand is that we have reports from the road called "The Russell Brand" report. So, everytime we update fans from the road we call them "The Russell Brand Reports". DB: Thats awesome! CM: Obviously, hes got a much bigger reach than us internationally, but I just thought it was funny that of all the times over the years of promoting the name The Trews everywhere. And then finally one day everybody is talking about Russell Brand, you google The Trews and its this guy going on about his feelings on the news of the day. I dunno, I dont think hes necessarily equipped to lead the revolution. Hes a drug addicted comedian, and thats fine, but its good that hes saying the right things. I mean, I agree with some of his politics, but were a little bit put off by him. DB: So, what youre saying is that you guys wouldnt cover one of "Infant Sorrow" bands songs? CM: No, Absolutely not. DB: So, youre playing Massey Hall Thursday night, doing half acoustic and half electric. Was this inspired by Bob Dylan doing the same thing at Massey Hall back in 1965 at all? CM: Did he do that? DB: Yeah, he did the beginning in acoustic and everyone loved it, but then he did the second part electric and the "music purists" in the crowd were pissed off... CM: Well, hopefully that doesnt happen to us! (Laughs) Its not quite the same thing anymore, eh? This is an idea that weve been floating around for a long time and were really excited to play Massey, where weve never graced the stage as a band. And we wanted to make it special and one thing weve been known for over the years is having a pretty over the top rock show, but also a really good acoustic show and weve been doing both simultaneously touring a couple times. And this will be the first time weve done it back to back in the same night. So, well be opening for ourselves, as well. Its a nice long night of music that doesnt feel that long. TONIGHT is the night! See you at #MasseyHall #Toronto! #risetomassey @SoundboardTO pic.twitter.com/XOPTUSPsiW — The Trews (@thetrews) December 11, 2014 DB: Can you go BarDown? CM: Ohhhh, it wouldnt be on purpose. It would probably be an accident. In fact its funny, we were on tour with this band called The Glorious Sons and in one of the basements of a bar in Lethbridge that we were playing there was a hockey net set up. And there was actually no light in there, we had to use flashlights. And they had one of those things that block the net, that simulates a goalie and it has little holes in the corners. And I actually called one top left corner and I hit it! DB: Is that on YouTube? CM: Not yet, but were going to be putting it up in a tour compilation soon. ---- After the interview, Colin and I were talking a little more hockey and he had a pretty cool story about how he became a Leafs fan. Im paraphrasing here, but roughly he said, "When we moved out to Toronto to play music, we were a cover band at local bars around the city, and our audience size depended on whether the Leafs won or not. We wouldnt be allowed to play until after the game and if they won, everyone would stay and keep drinking and be lively and when they lost everyone would just go home. So, naturally we just started cheering for them to win. A little bit selfish, but thats how I became a Leafs fan." To find out if The Trews are playing in your town soon or if you want tickets to Thursday nights Massey Hall show, you can do that HERE. Montez Sweat Jersey .com) - Colorado forward P. Bryce Love Jersey . The Rangers centre left early in Game 1 with an upper body injury after being checked by Canadiens defenceman Mike Weaver and has not played since. Brassard told reporters after practice that he was good to go. That brought a smile to the face of Rangers coach Alain Vigneault. http://www.cheapredskinsjerseysauthentic.com/. Fabio Fognini pulled off a surprise 6-3, 6-3, 6-4 victory over two-time Grand Slam champion Andy Murray to level the best-of-five quarterfinal at 2-2 before Andreas Seppi defeated James Ward 6-4, 6-3, 6-4 in the decisive match. Sammy Baugh Jersey . Terms of the contract were not disclosed by the club. Clemons spent his first five NFL seasons with the Miami Dolphins, who selected him in the fifth round of the 2009 draft out of Clemson. Cheap Washington Redskins Jerseys . -- Darrelle Revis says at least 26 teams called after he was released by the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.TORONTO -- Its a bye week for Toronto FC but team trainers are still working overtime. Toronto (3-3-0) has had as many as 10 players getting treatment this week. The good news is that star striker Jermain Defoe ran past reporters Thursday, after working out separately from the main squad under bright sunshine at the teams north Toronto training ground. Defender Doneil Henry has also resumed light training after a calf and knee injury. Defoe (hamstring) and Henry have both missed the last three games. Midfielder Michael Bradley, who played in Saturdays 2-1 road loss against FC Dallas, did not practise Thursday. He had a previously scheduled minor procedure on a nerve issue in his foot which has been bothering him for some time. "It just means hes just got to get off it (the foot) for a week," said manager Ryan Nelsen. "This was always planned, to do it at this time when we have a couple of weeks off." Bradley, who did not look himself against Dallas, had missed the previous game against Colorado due to quadricep and groin issues. Midfielder Jeremy Hall is a longer-term injury concern, however, with an Achilles injury. Most of Torontos walking wounded should be back in practice next week with Bradley annd Defoe both expected to be available for selection for TFCs next outing, May 3 against the visiting New England Revolution.dddddddddddd New England (2-3-2) hosts defending champion Sporting Kansas City this weekend. Toronto may still not have a full deck next week but it will be far better than the 11 fit players it had at one practice session this week. Goalkeeper Julio Cesar and defenders Mark Bloom and Justin Morrow are the only TFC players to have seen action in all six games this season. Nelsen has been forced to use 20 different players. Henry, for one, is taking his return slowly. What was advertised as a jarred knee was actually a low-grade medial collateral ligament sprain and calf tear. He has spent a week running and is now testing the leg out by jumping and changing directions. "So far, so good," he said. "I feel good. So hopefully I can start training with the team next week." He had been feeling his knees and ankles for some time but said he was sidelined after his knee buckled while about to pass the ball. After playing four of its first six games on the road, Toronto now plays five of its next seven at home including an Amway Canadian Championship date with Vancouver. Cheap Bills Jerseys Authentic Dolphins Jerseys Cheap Patriots Store Cyber Monday Jets Jerseys Cyber Monday Texans Jerseys Black Friday Colts Jerseys Cheap Jaguars Jerseys Cheap Titans Store Black Friday Broncos Jerseys Cheap Chiefs Jerseys Cheap Raiders Jerseys Authentic Chargers Jerseys Cheap Ravens Store Black Friday Steelers Jerseys Black Friday Cowboys Jerseys Cheap Giants Store Cheap Eagles Store Black Friday Redskins Jerseys Falcons Jerseys Online Panthers Jerseys Online Authentic Saints Jerseys Cheap Buccaneers Jerseys Authentic Cardinals Jerseys Black Friday 49ers Jerseys Black Friday Seahawks Jerseys Cyber Monday Rams Jerseys Black Friday Bears Jerseys Wholesale Lions Jerseys Packers Jerseys Online Authentic Vikings Jerseys Cyber Monday Bengals Jerseys Cyber Monday Browns Jerseys ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Forum Software von Xobor
Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen
Datenschutz