Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
logo
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 110 mal aufgerufen
 Ihr seid gefragt!
carrie201918 Offline

15.05.2019 09:04
BOSTON -- Michael Wacha had a funny way of preparing for his World Series start thats supposed to save the season for the St. Lo Antworten

BOSTON -- Michael Wacha had a funny way of preparing for his World Series start thats supposed to save the season for the St. Louis Cardinals. The 22-year-old October ace spent Tuesday afternoon on the tarmac at the St. Louis airport when the team plane got grounded by mechanical problems. It took all day before the Cardinals finally arrived in Boston, trailing the Red Sox 3-2 going into Game 6 on Wednesday night. Their flight took off about 9:10 p.m. EDT after a delay that appeared to last around 6 hours and landed shortly after 11 p.m. "Everyone is just watching movies," Wacha said from the plane, a couple of hours into the delay. "Theyve got dinner on here for us and stuff. Everyone is just walking around. Nobody is in a bad mood or anything like that. The attitude is pretty good." His teammates were probably confident, too, considering what the rookie has done this post-season. Hes 4-0 with a 1.00 ERA in four starts, including a win over John Lackey and the Red Sox in Game 2. Lackey will again oppose the tall right-hander. "I dont think anything will be much different," Wacha said. "I just try to approach every game the same. I dont think its going to be too much different. We know the next two games are must-wins. It all starts with me tomorrow night." Heady stuff for a guy who was pitching at Texas A&M less than a year and a half ago, a guy who began this season in Triple-A. Then again, look at what hes done. He came within an out of a no-hitter against Washington in his final start of the regular season, only to give up an infield single. With the Cardinals facing a 2-1 deficit in the best-of-five division series, he took a no-hit bid into the eighth inning to win at Pittsburgh. He twice outpitched Cy Young Award favourite Clayton Kershaw to win MVP honours in the NL championship series, then beat Boston with his family in the seats at Fenway Park. Quite a run, by any standards. "I think its been one of those thats been fun for us to watch," Cardinals manager Mike Matheny said from the idle plane. "Taking everything into consideration, how this kid was in school, in college 18 months or so ago, and watch the maturity, and watch the progress, too." "Not just Michael, but a group of other young players that have been able to do something very similar. But Michaels done a nice job. We just want him to really not focus on the big picture of what exactly is going on. What we want him to do is go out, make one pitch at a time. Theres time for summations later." Lackey said he could appreciate what Wacha is going through. The Red Sox righty was a rookie with the Angels in 2002 when he started Game 7 of the World Series and beat the San Francisco Giants. "Probably similar to the way I was feeling. I think I was 23 or whatever that year," Lackey said. "I dont know what kind of guy he is. But personally, I was more excited about it than anything else as far as nerves." The Red Sox are trying to clinch a World Series title on their own field for the first time since 1918. Anticipation is high in Boston, and prices on the secondary market for even a standing-room ticket were approaching $1,000. "I imagine its going to be crazy, but Im not going to pay any attention to it," Wacha said. "Ill keep going about my business the way I have been in all my starts this year. And not worry about the crowd, and just get locked in with Yadi behind the plate and just make my pitches." Star catcher Yadier Molina helped settle down Wacha in Game 2. Wacha matched a season high with four walks, but allowed only three hits in six innings. David Ortiz did the most damage against him, sending a two-run homer over the Green Monster. The big-hitting Ortiz was ready for a rematch with Wacha, provided the plane problems got resolved. "I thought I saw them leaving last night. Thats crazy. Everything happens for a reason," Ortiz said. "Me, normally, when I have a delay on a flight, I dont get mad. You dont play around with that stuff. Hopefully they get here safe." Darryl Sittler Jersey . The Major League Soccer teams were scheduled to play on Saturday night, but their game was rescheduled after Stu Tudor was hit during a pregame storm. The 54-year-old lieutenant in the Columbus Fire Department is in critical condition in the intensive care unit of the Ohio State Medical Center. Adam Cracknell Jersey .2 million in 2012, according to tax returns the league has submitted. http://www.officialmapleleafsfanstore.co...e-leafs-jersey/. -- Steven Stamkos scored his first goal since returning from a major injury, Ryan Callahan had his first goal with Tampa Bay, and the Lightning beat the Florida Panthers 5-4 on Thursday night. Connor Brown Jersey . Jonathan Crompton led the team to a 40-9 win over the Saskatchewan Roughriders. Crompton threw three touchdown passes - two to Duron Carter and one to Brandon London - and Sean Whyte connected on four field goals to power the Alouettes to the win. Dave Keon Jersey . - Connor Brown and Dane Fox both scored in regulation and in the shootout, as the Erie Otters extended their win streak to 10 games by defeating the London Knights 4-3 on Saturday in Ontario Hockey League action. SYLVANIA, Ohio -- Lee-Anne Pace made a name for herself as an amateur in her native South Africa, then proved herself with eight wins on the Ladies European Tour. Now shes ready to make waves in the U.S. Pace shot a 3-under 68 on Saturday to grab a share of the third-round lead with Laura Diaz in the Marathon Classic. She can barely express what a breakthrough win on the LPGA Tour might bring. "Itll mean quite a lot to be able to come out here and play well," she said after recovering from bogeys at 11th and 12th holes with three late birdies. "It already has made my week. I was so tired in the beginning of the week and now this has happened, so Im very excited." Pace could have foundered after losing the two shots to par. But she came right back to birdie the next two holes and then added another at the par-5 17th to join Diaz at 11-under 202. The 33-year-old, in her 10th year as a pro, wants to keep it simple in the final round at Highland Meadows. "I play a very similar type of game every time I go out there: Hit the fairways and try to hit the green and make the putt. And so far its been working," she said. "Hopefully, coming down the stretch its going to be enough." It was a day of highs and lows for Diaz, the leader since birdieing her first five holes in an opening 62. She led by four and then three strokes after the first two rounds. Chasing her first win since 2002, she could have regained the outright lead but left a 7-foot birdie putt short on the 18th to finish with a 71. Up by three shots on the fourth hole on Saturday, the 39-year-old faltered with a double-bogey. After pull-hooking her drive under a pine tree, she and caddie Pete Smith moved away some twigs and the ball moved. The gallery around her let out a collective gasp. She quickly assessed herself a one-shot penalty and ended up punching back to the fairway, hitting to the green and two-putting for the double. By the time Diaz got to the tee at No.dddddddddddd9, rookie Jaye Marie Greens torrid play had pulled her into a tie for the lead. Playing one group ahead, Pace would nail a 20-foot birdie putt from the fringe to join them. But before Paces putt, Diaz hit the shot of the day. Officials had moved the tees up on the 255-yard, par-4 hole to allow players to go for the green off the tee. Pace and playing partner So Yeon Ryu, the 2012 winner of the Marathon, vacated the putting surface to allow Diaz and Lydia Ko to hit their drives. Diazs ball landed 25 yards short of the green and had a bead on the pin before edging past. Diaz later rolled in the 10-foot downhill eagle putt to regain a two-shot lead. Diaz bogeyed the 12th. The lead remained one shot until Pace hit into the deep rough near the bunker fronting the par-5 17th, dropped a delicate gap wedge to 8 feet and then rolled in the birdie putt to forge the tie. Diaz consistently left birdie putts short all day. Asked if a player can ever forget how to win after a long respite, she said, "I cant say that I knew how to do it then, and I dont know that I know how to do it now." Green applied pressure with a low round early on the cloudy day. The medallist in last years LPGA Tour qualifying school, she turned in 30 and birdied four holes in a row before closing with a par on the par-5 closing hole. The 63 allowed her to climb from a tie for 31st at the start of the day to a share of the lead before Diazs eagle. Green is tied a shot back with Ryu, who birdied the 15th, 16th and 17th holes for a 68. Another shot back, at 9-under 204, was Ko, who birdied the last two holes in a 70. The group at 205 included Cristie Kerr (68) and last weeks Womens British Open champion, Mo Martin, who had a 67. Eighteen players are within four shots of the lead. Pace sounded thrilled by the all the potential mayhem. "Yeah, the whole LPGA is chasing," she said. Cheap Bills Jerseys Authentic Dolphins Jerseys Cheap Patriots Store Cyber Monday Jets Jerseys Cyber Monday Texans Jerseys Black Friday Colts Jerseys Cheap Jaguars Jerseys Cheap Titans Store Black Friday Broncos Jerseys Cheap Chiefs Jerseys Cheap Raiders Jerseys Authentic Chargers Jerseys Cheap Ravens Store Black Friday Steelers Jerseys Black Friday Cowboys Jerseys Cheap Giants Store Cheap Eagles Store Black Friday Redskins Jerseys Falcons Jerseys Online Panthers Jerseys Online Authentic Saints Jerseys Cheap Buccaneers Jerseys Authentic Cardinals Jerseys Black Friday 49ers Jerseys Black Friday Seahawks Jerseys Cyber Monday Rams Jerseys Black Friday Bears Jerseys Wholesale Lions Jerseys Packers Jerseys Online Authentic Vikings Jerseys Cyber Monday Bengals Jerseys Cyber Monday Browns Jerseys ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Forum Software von Xobor
Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen
Datenschutz