Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
logo
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 65 mal aufgerufen
 Ihr seid gefragt!
carrie201918 Offline

16.05.2019 09:01
EDMOND, Okla. -- Several years ago, a rare skin disorder left Gene Sauers unsure if he would survive. Now he has a chance to win Antworten

EDMOND, Okla. -- Several years ago, a rare skin disorder left Gene Sauers unsure if he would survive. Now he has a chance to win the U.S. Senior Open. Sauers crept up on the field and shot a 3-under 68 on Saturday to take a three-stroke lead after three rounds at Oak Tree National. He moved to 7 under, passing front-runners Bernhard Langer, Scott Dunlap and Colin Montgomerie along the way. The journey to this opportunity is what makes Sundays final round extra special for the 51-year-old Sauers. He said a reaction to a wrongly prescribed medication caused Stevens-Johnson syndrome, a disorder that burned the skin on his arms and legs from the inside out. While he was in the hospital for seven weeks recovering, he pictured his golf swing. He got out of the hospital in June 2011 and eventually returned to the course. "The good Lord said Im going to give you another chance," Sauers said. "Bogey doesnt matter that much anymore. Thats when I learned to have a great time and tried to hit everything I was capable of doing, and it worked out today." Langer and Dunlap are tied for second at 4 under. Montgomerie is another stroke back in fourth. It looked as if Montgomerie might run away from the field early on in the third round. He opened with birdies on Nos. 1 and 3 to jump out to a four-shot lead over Langer, who by then had moved from third to second. Langer remained steady and Montgomerie bogeyed Nos. 5 and 7. Heading into the back nine, Mongomeries lead was just one shot. Then Sauers got going. He had a 33 on the back nine, including birdies on Nos. 12, 16 and 18, to take control heading into the final round. It was an impressive run for someone who hasnt placed higher than 15th in a Champions Tour event this season. "Ive got some help back home," Sauers said. "Some friends and some teachers have been helping me a little bit. Theyve got me hitting the ball solid now. Building my confidence is mainly what they do. They know I still have it. You know, its just -- go out there and do it. Try not to put too much pressure on myself and try to have fun." Montgomerie shot a 74 after leading at the end of the first two days. He was 3 over on the back nine, but is confident he can regain some of his earlier touch. "I will try to do what I did Thursday with a 65," he said. "If I can do it Thursday, I can do it Sunday. If I can hit it in the fairway, I can play to the strength of my game, which is the iron game." Langer, who has three wins this season on the Champions Tour, was solid, but had several potential birdies just miss during his even-par 71. "Sometimes they lip in, sometimes they lip out," he said. "It was frustrating. I played really good golf on the back nine, the last nine holes, had a lot of chances, lot of opportunities and I think I had four lip-outs or something and left one short on 18 and could have easily been three better but could have, should have, would have doesnt count in this game." Langer isnt conceding yet. "I played pretty solid golf for three days in a row and the putter was hot yesterday," he said. "Wasnt so hot today, but, you know, well see what happens tomorrow. Weve still got 18 holes to go. Its a lot of golf left, and anything can happen." Marco Dawson, who shot a 76 on Friday, rebounded with a 69 on Saturday. He left Friday disappointed and saying he was unsure how to play the course. On Saturday, he was 1 over through six, and then got on a torrid stretch that included birdies on Nos. 7, 8, 10, 12, 13 and 15 to move into a tie for the lead at 5 under. Dawson bogeyed Nos. 16, 17 and 18 to fall to 2 under. He is tied for fifth with Jeff Sluman and Vijay Singh. Dawson said he expects it to be tough to get good scores on Sunday because the course will continue to dry out in near 100-degree heat. "Unless somebody just gets really hot with the putter and gets some good bounces, you know, the best score may be 4, 5 under tomorrow," he said. Adrian Clayborn Jersey .com) - Russell Westbrook and Kevin Durant combined for 51 points and the Oklahoma City Thunder took down the struggling Bucks 114-101 on Tuesday. Jason McCourty Patriots Jersey . He, the 25-year-old Toronto backup net-minder and Manitoba native, would be making just his fourth start in the past 16 games against the Jets the following evening. It was the word of opportunity for Reimer, who has fallen into the role of backup, outmatched in recent weeks by Jonathan Bernier, his Quebec counterpart. http://www.patriotsjerseysauthentic.com/...er-Bowl-Jersey/. Not to be outdone, Atletico Madrid bettered its title rivals by demolishing 10-man Getafe 7-0 with Diego Costa returning from injury to score with a brilliant bicycle kick. "It was an almost perfect night," Atletico coach Diego Simeone said. Trent Brown Patriots Jersey . The Kelowna, B.C. rink made the announcement on their facebook page on Thursday night. Cordarrelle Patterson Patriots Jersey . With their coach gone, they finally played offence the way he would have wanted. Amare Stoudemire made all seven shots in the first half, Anthony passed and shot well, and the Knicks shook off the surprising departure of their coach to rout the Portland Trail Blazers 121-79 on Wednesday night, snapping a six-game losing streak.VANCOUVER -- The goaltender who thought he had played his last game with the Vancouver Canucks was back skating with his old teammates Friday. Roberto Luongo, who spent all of last season expecting to be traded, admitted that it was strange to be back in Vancouver wearing a Canucks sweater again. "It was a bit odd flying in," Luongo said after training with several Canucks at the University of British Columbia. "Just when you think youve seen it all, theres always something else. I dont know what the future holds but right now Im just focused on the season." Luongo dodged the question of whether hes happy to remain a member of the Canucks. "Ive said all along I want to play," he said. "Now I have that opportunity. "I want to take advantage of that and I want to win some games. I want to go as far as we can and hopefully win the Stanley Cup. Its a big year for me. Ive been sitting on the bench for a while and I want to show everybody what I can do. We all know its an Olympic year. I just want to make the best of it." The Canucks goaltending situation has been one of Vancouvers most watched soap operas the last few seasons, with Luongo playing a starring role. The veteran said his goodbyes last spring after the Canucks were eliminated from the first round of the playoffs by the San Jose Sharks. The 34-year-old had been looking for a trade ever since Cory Schneider replaced him as Vancouvers starter. The general consensus was the Canucks would deal the three-time Vezina Trophy finalist over the summer. In a move that stunned many -- including Luongo -- the Canucks instead dealt the 27-year-old Schneider to the New Jersey Devils at Junes NHL draft for the ninth overall pick, which Vancouver used to take Bo Horvat. "It caught me by surprise," said Luongo. "It takes a while. Its a process." Vancouvers training camp officially opens Wednesday and Luongo said getting back on the ice to play hockey offers him some solace. "Thats where you are the most comfortable, when youre on the ice," he said. "Youre playing the game and youre not thinking about stuff. "Thats why Im anxious to get training camp started ... to get back to a regular routine and not worry about other stuff." Luongos contract was a stumbling block in trying to trade him. He has nine years and US$40.5 million left on a deal that counts as a US$5.3 million salary cap hit. In a market once called a "goaltender graveyard," Luongo has always been a lightening rod for criticism. He isnt even sure how local fans will react to his return. "To be honest with you I dont know how its going to work out," said Luongo, who posed for pictures with several people after the workout. "Theres always going to be people supporting and theres going to be people not so supportive. It goes along with the territory. Ive realized that over the course of the year you cant really please evverybody.dddddddddddd" In his early days in Vancouver, Luongo could sometimes be cocky, even arrogant. Some days he was friendly, others aloof. He showed more maturity the last few seasons and was praised for the way he handled the situation with Schneider. The two goaltenders were supportive of each other and didnt want to be a distraction to the team. "Ive always been the same person," said Luongo. "I just think a lot of people didnt see that before. "You learn and gain experience and learn to handle certain situations, whether they are a bit more complicated or whether you are thriving. You have to handle things a certain way. Maybe I have learned that a little bit more over the last couple of years. You have to practise it." Luongo was silent in the immediate aftermath of the trade, leading to speculation he was angry. There were suggestions he might boycott the Canucks training camp. "No," he said, dismissing the notion. "Thats not my style." Vancouver general manager Mike Gillis went to Luongos home in Florida over the summer to speak with his goaltender. "We chatted," Luongo said. "There was no animosity. "I dont know if it was as rosy as he painted it but we had a couple of laughs. They were just trying to do their job (trading Schneider). I dont hold that against them." In another major move, the Canucks fired coach the easy going Alain Vigneault and replaced him with the fiery John Tortorella. "Hes going to bring a change to the dressing room," Luongo said. "Not that Alain was a bad coach but sometimes change is good. "We will see what he brings. Hopefully it will spark the boys a little bit." Last year as Schneiders backup, Luongo appeared in 20 games, including 18 starts. He had a 9-6-3 record, with two shutouts, a 2.56 goals-against average and a .907 save percentage. Luongos relationship with the Canucks may have been strained, but he sounded like a man ready to try and make things work on Friday. A strong start to the season will also help him gain a spot on the Canadian team defending its Olympic gold medal. "Ive been focused, getting ready for the last month or so," he said. "I try to eliminate every distraction, just worrying about playing the game. "At this point in time thats all I really want to be focused on ... making sure that I get back to where I was two years ago, establish myself as one of the best in the league. I dont want to squander an opportunity like that. I have a great chance to play and I want to take advantage of it." Note: The Canucks also announced Friday that Pavel Bures No. 10 will be retired at Rogers Arena prior to Vancouvers Nov. 2 game against the Toronto Maple Leafs. In 428 games with Vancouver, Bure collected 478 points, including 254 goals. He still holds the team record for most points scored by a rookie, with 34 goals and 26 appoints in 65 games. Wholesale MLB Orioles Jerseys Red Sox Jerseys From China Discount Yankees Jerseys Online Rays Jerseys For Sale Blue Jays Jerseys From China Wholesale MLB White Sox Jerseys Indians Jerseys For Sale Tigers Jerseys From China Wholesale MLB Astros Jerseys Cheap Baseball Angels Jerseys Athletics Jerseys From China Mariners Jerseys For Sale Cheap Baseball Rangers Jerseys Braves Jerseys For Sale Discount Marlins Jerseys Online Discount Mets Jerseys Online Phillies Jerseys From China Wholesale MLB Nationals Jerseys Cubs Jerseys From China Discount Reds Jerseys Online Brewers Jerseys From China Wholesale MLB Pirates Jerseys Wholesale MLB Cardinals Jerseys Diamondbacks Jerseys For Sale Rockies Jerseys For Sale Discount Dodgers Jerseys Online Discount Padres Jerseys Online Giants Jerseys For Sale ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Forum Software von Xobor
Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen
Datenschutz