Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
logo
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 108 mal aufgerufen
 Ihr seid gefragt!
carrie201918 Offline

24.05.2019 08:36
Canadas smartest person knows better than to rush back from injury. Peter Dyakowski is easily handling stairs and weighted squat Antworten

Canadas smartest person knows better than to rush back from injury. Peter Dyakowski is easily handling stairs and weighted squats five months after suffering a serious knee injury in the 2013 Grey Cup. Despite his progress following surgery for a torn patellar tendon, the Hamilton Tiger-Cats offensive lineman doesnt expect to be ready for the start of training camp June 1. "Ill be there and active but Im not going to be close to contact," Dyakowski said in an interview. "Im working on jogging the rest of this month and in May Ill be running and getting into football drills. "But with this injury, caution is very important to keep in mind. I want to be back playing better than I did before, thats my goal and motivation here." The six-foot-five, 325-pound Dyakowski has been a solid performer for the Ticats. He was their 2011 nominee for the CFLs top lineman award and the following season claimed East Division and CFLPA all-star honours. And last year, Dyakowski played in his first Grey Cup. But it wasnt necessarily a positive experience as Hamilton not only lost 45-23 to the hometown Saskatchewan Roughriders but Dyakowski left the game on a stretcher before halftime due to his injury. "When I woke up that morning, I was about to be a Grey Cup champion," he said. "Just before halftime Im loaded up on my right leg pushing on (Riders defensive tackle) Keith Shologan with everything Ive got and I get hit right in the back of the knee. "Youre supposed to get hurt, it happens to everyone but being carted off the field an unable to walk off was probably one of the most embarrassing, shameful moments of my life. I felt awful." Four days later Dyakowski has surgery. Then the real fun began. "The first couple of months were brutal, I was horizontal for the most part," he said. "Now Im doing several days a week at the Ticats headquarters and a couple days at McMaster because they have an underwater treadmill and its really coming along. "Ive got a bit more time ahead of me than behind but I feel like Im closer to the finish than the start." When Dyakowski returns to Hamiltons lineup, he wont have teammate Marwan Hage to lean on. The 10-year veteran centre retired this week, four months after being selected by Ottawa in the CFL expansion draft. "Its going to be different because aside from a couple times where one of us was injured, Ive played my entire seven years here next to Marwan," Dyakowski said. "Over the years I learned a lot from him so Ill be a better player for it even though hes gone." But the fun-loving 29-year-old Vancouver native is more than just muscle and brawn. In 2012, Dyakowski won CBCs "Canadas Smartest Person" show, beating out contestants in six categories of intelligence: musical, physical, social, logical, visual and linguistic. "Canadas Smartest Person" returns this year as a weekly series and Dyakowski says hes living proof anyone can win. "In some ways I personified that whole idea," said Dyakowski, who wont be defending his title on the show. "It was vindication, of sorts, that we football players arent all that dumb." Then again, Dyakowski isnt a typical jock. He attended LSU, a traditional NCAA football powerhouse, on an athletic scholarship while majoring in mechanical engineering. In his third year Dyakowski had to switch to history and geography because football commitments prevented him from booking engineering labs, which were required for third- and fourth-year classes. "I started out with high aspirations, I was going to build bridges and machines," he said. "But football, especially in the SEC, is a year-round, full-time job and we didnt really have any time after noon to book classes and the engineering labs are only given in the afternoon. "So I was either looking at puttering around for my five years there taking courses I didnt need or biting the bullet and changing my major so I changed to history and geography. I shouldve stayed in hard science in hindsight but I love history and figured I might as well pick something I love." Dyakowskis success on "Canadas Smartest Person," is further proof in football circles that offensive linemen are the most cerebral players. "I went just for fun," he said. "I had a friend say, You should try out for this show, Canadas Smartest Person, and I thought, Its going to be embarrassing but why not? "When I won it, it was a total surprise." Dyakowski isnt done testing his wits on television. He was recently a contestant on "Jeopardy." "(Host Alex Trebek) is a Ticats fan so it was kind of cool," Dyakowski said. "One of the really neat things was at the start when they say, This is Jeopardy, actually seeing the guy (announcer Johnny Gilbert) doing it live because I always thought it was a recording. "Its very reassuring, very comforting to hear this familiar voice and see this kind, grandfatherly type figure saying it." So how did Dyakowski fare? "Im contractually obligated to maintain strict silence officially," said Dyakowski, who will appear on the show in June. "However, I will say it was a lot of fun and Ill have many stories when the time is right. "Unfortunately, there were no categories about Tim Hortons pastries. I think the other contestants wouldve cried foul if those had come up." Possessing a superior intellect has allowed Dyakowski to take a unique approach to dealing with trash talk on the football field. "I try to maintain a certain level of composure and have fun with that," he said. "I try to be very creative and target deep-seeded psychological anxieties that my opponents may have and exploit it. "Comments about their weight, for example, and theyre self-conscious for the rest of the game and worried if the cameras are picking up them in an unflattering light. Before they know it, theyre messing with their jersey and not thinking about sacking the quarterback. I also try to think up good nicknames and a few good comments. I go for humour and its usually appreciated by the opposition. Occasionally, though, youll meet a guy without a sense of humour." Cleveland Browns Jerseys China . Perhaps as important, shes sending a message to 17-year-old gold medal favourite Sara Takanashi of Japan. Iraschko-Stolz relegated Takanashi, who has 10 World Cup victories this season, to second place in two of three training jumps Saturday. Cheap Cleveland Browns Gear . The England international raised his middle finger toward Manchester City supporters during Saturdays game at Etihad Stadium, which Arsenal lost 6-3. The incident was not seen by match officials at the time but the FA charged Wilshere retrospectively after a study of video footage. http://www.cheapbrowns.com/. -- Kevin Harvick pulled away on a restart with 47 laps to go and ended Chase Elliotts two-race winning streak in NASCARs Nationwide Series with a dominating victory early Saturday at Richmond International Raceway. Cleveland Browns Greedy Williams Jersey . The 23-year-old restricted free agent appeared in all 48 games last season, finishing second among all Sabres skaters with 15 goals and 34 points. Discount Cleveland Browns Jerseys . Before that, Rousey needed a total 23 minutes and 26 seconds to take care of her last eight opponents - and one of those fights lasted 10 minutes and 58 seconds.BANGKOK - The 2022 Winter Olympics will remain in the traditional February time slot and will not be moved to make way for a rescheduled World Cup in Qatar, the head of the worlds national Olympic committees said Thursday.FIFA is currently considering moving the World Cup to avoid the summer heat in Qatar, including a possible shift to January-February — a period that would clash with the Olympics.Sheikh Ahmad Al-Fahad Al-Sabah, president of the Association of National Olympic Committees, said the Winter Games arrangements are already locked in and the onus is on the World Cup to avoid clashing with the Olympics rather than the other way around.Sheikh Ahmad, a powerful IOC member who also heads Asias Olympic association, said the World Cup timing is an issue for FIFA and not the International Olympic Committee.The Olympics should be maintained, Sheikh Ahmad said. The IOC will maintain their time because we already have been committed, the organizers have been organized, the broadcasting, the marketing partners.The IOC has repeatedly said that it has assurances from FIFA President Sepp Blatter that the two events will not clash.FIFA said Monday it was targeting two options for moving the World Cup — January-February and November-December. The January-February option is favoured by FIFAs confederations. European soccer clubs prefer April-May.Sheikh Ahmad said he is confident that FIFA will ensure that the World Cup and Olympics do not overlap.They are the best two events in the world, he told a small group of reporters on the sidelines of ANOC meetings in Bangkok. (FIFA) will analyze this and they will try to come up with the best solution how they will make it without touching each other, achieving the interest of each.Somebody is talking about January and February before the games, somebody speaking about October and November and others asking to maintain in August. Let thee commission do their homework, but I am 100 per cent confident they will never be at the same time.ddddddddddddBeijing and the Kazakhstan city of Almaty are the only two remaining bidders for 2022 after several cities dropped out of the running. They will give formal presentations to the ANOC assembly on Friday.The opposition to the World Cup being hosted in Qatars summer heat had also been regarded as diminishing the chances of a Middle East country hosting the summer games in 2024 or beyond.Sheikh Ahmad, who is from Kuwait, said that was an issue that will be addressed as part of the IOCs Olympic Agenda 2020 reforms. The reforms will be voted on at a special IOC assembly in Monaco next month.The ANOC chief said there needs to be more flexibility over the timing of the Summer Olympics to broaden the list of candidate cities. He cited Dubai and Doha as examples of Middle East cities that could host the 2024 Games.(Dubai) is capable. They dont have to do anything, only the sporting facility, Sheikh Ahmad said. They have the airport, the hotel, the accommodation, the name, the tourism. We have capable cities in our region which can bid for the games whenever they want.This is something we have to discuss in the 2020 agenda. We have to respect the south zone of the world. When we did it in Sydney, we did it in October. We have to put two periods of time: one achieves the north and one achieves the south.He said Doha, which bid for the 2016 and 2020 Olympics but failed to make the list of finalists both times, could be successful next time.The last time (Dohas bid failed) I dont know why it was, because they had almost all the federations accept the time change. Only maybe one federation gave disapproval, Sheikh Ahmad said. In any case, Doha is now in a position better than the last few years. If ever they will go again, I think they will be on the short list. Stitched College Jerseys Cheap UCLA Jerseys NCAA Louisville Cardinals Jerseys North Carolina Jerseys Stitched Kentucky Wildcats Jerseys Stitched Alabama Crimson Tide Jerseys Cheap Basketball Wisconsin Badgers Jerseys Authentic NCAA Jerseys Store Wholesale Basketball NCAA Jerseys Cheap Duke Gear Stitched Alabama Jerseys Stitched Georgia Jerseys Cheap Clemson Jerseys Authentic Authentic Texas Jerseys Wholesale USC Jerseys Stitched Oklahoma Jerseys Stitched Ohio State Jerseys Cheap Notre Dame Gear UCLA Jerseys From China Cheap Louisville Jerseys Free Shipping Cheap North Carolina Jerseys Authentic Cheap Kentucky Jerseys Authentic Wisconsin Jerseys From China Cheap Michigan Gear Cheap Florida Gear Wholesale Arizona State Jerseys Cheap LSU Gear Cheap Auburn Gear Cheap California Jerseys Free Shipping Cheap Miami Jerseys Authentic Cheap Michigan State Gear Cheap Tennessee Jerseys Authentic Texas A&M Jerseys From China Authentic Wake Forest Jerseys West Virginia Jerseys From China ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Forum Software von Xobor
Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen
Datenschutz