Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
logo
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 95 mal aufgerufen
 Lecker Kerlchen...
carrie201918 Offline

28.05.2019 05:14
Jabari Parker is hoping to become Dukes latest one-and-done star to become the No. 1 pick in the NBA draft. The 6-foot-8 All-Ame Antworten

Jabari Parker is hoping to become Dukes latest one-and-done star to become the No. 1 pick in the NBA draft. The 6-foot-8 All-American forward said Thursday hell enter the NBA draft after being the highest-scoring freshman in Duke history. He was also the first freshman to lead the Blue Devils in scoring and rebounding, and the first freshman in three decades to be selected team MVP. Now he has the chance to do what Kyrie Irving did in 2011: follow a one-year stay at Duke by being the first name called in the June draft. Coach Mike Krzyzewski said in a statement Thursday it was "an honour for us to have him in our program." In an essay posted on SI.com, Parker said the NBA offers him the best chance to develop both as a player and off the court. "I realize how much of a privilege and an honour it is to join the ranks of the NBA," Parker wrote. "I will do everything in my power to help deliver championships to the franchise that drafts me. At the same time, I recognize the obligation to represent the league in an admirable way off the court." Parker played in high school at Chicagos Simeon Career Academy and was frequently mentioned along with Kansas Andrew Wiggins as possible No. 1 picks before ever playing a college game. Parker led the Atlantic Coast Conference with an average of 8.7 rebounds while his 19.1 points were second only to North Carolina States T.J. Warren, who entered the NBA draft last week. "Jabari could not have been better," Krzyzewski said. "He is the epitome of what you would want a basketball player to be -- outstanding every day on the practice court and in the classroom and a very humble young man. "He had a fantastic freshman year and is so deserving of the opportunity to play in the NBA and follow his dream." Parker is listed as the No. 2 draft prospect on Chad Fords Top 100 on ESPN.com, the No. 2 pick in a mock draft on NBAdraft.net and No. 3 on DraftExpress.com. It had long been believed that Duke would be a one-year pit stop for Parker on his way to the pros. But even late into the season, he insisted he was undecided, saying he wanted to play at the level that would best help him grow. When he received the USBWAs Tisdale Award as the nations top freshman this week, he said he planned to meet with Krzyzewski and reach a decision Wednesday. In his SI.com essay, Parker said he had "gotten pretty attached to life at Duke and I dont want to utter the word goodbye." He also noted that the careers of professional basketball players -- his father, Sonny, played six seasons in the NBA -- last only so long. "The lucky ones play until their mid-30s," Parker said. "With that perspective, I shrink my professional career with each year that I remain in college. Its ironic, but true." Parker -- the fifth Duke player to enter the draft as a freshman -- said he planned to continue working toward a college degree. He is Mormon and said he would put a two-year mission on hold. From Day 1, he and Rodney Hood -- a redshirt sophomore transfer from Mississippi State -- were the focal points for a Duke team that spent much of the season in the top 10 and looked like a Final Four contender. But Duke (26-9) ended the season with a loss to Virginia in the ACC tournament final and a shocking loss to Mercer in its NCAA tournament opener. Hood hasnt announced whether he will enter the draft, though Krzyzewski said "I wish we had him for more than one year" after Dukes ACC tournament win against Clemson last month. Regardless, Duke is bolstered by the nations No. 1 recruiting class, led by top overall recruit Jahlil Okafor along with top-10 prospects Tyus Jones and Justise Winslow. Jim Brown Jersey . -- In the stadium program sold at the Miami Dolphins game on Halloween, Richie Incognito was asked whos the easiest teammate to scare. Wholesale Cleveland Browns Jerseys . The team said Saturday that the 36-year-old Robidas is expected to miss four to six months, jeopardizing his return this season. He was injured when he slid hard into the boards in the second period of a 2-1 shootout loss to Chicago on Friday. http://www.cheapbrownsjerseysauthentic.c...e-thomas-jersey. CHAUNCEY BILLUPS (Pistons): Yes they got Josh Smith and Brandon Jennings in the off-season and Andre Drummond is a beast (teams are kicking themselves for passing on him - he rebounds and block shots every game - thats two more discernable and significant skills than most guys in his draft class), but dont for a second discount the impact of having a savvy veteran like Billups on your team. Cheap Browns Jerseys . The 19-year-old Swiss centre back will initially have to impress in Uniteds reserve side to earn a spot in the first team. Veseli says "Manchester United has a long history of younger players coming through and hopefully I can follow and do the same. Bernie Kosar Jersey . Manager Alex Ferguson says the injury was sustained while the player tried to hit a volley toward the end of training on Tuesday. VANCOUVER -- Kenny Miller made good on a pressure packed do-over to keep the Vancouver Whitecaps unbeaten. Millers goal on a penalty kick in the 58th minute gave the Whitecaps a 2-1 victory over the Houston Dynamo on Saturday. He had to re-take the spot kick, after being successful on the first one, because teammate Darren Mattocks was still in the 18-yard box when Miller put the ball into the net. "It was a little tougher when youve scored the first one, and its easy after a miss," said Miller. "But sometimes that happens. It was a little bit of encroachment there. Sometimes, the referees dont make you take it again. But I was fortunate enough to put it in." The penalty kick was awarded after Houston defender Kofi Sarkodie was called for a hand ball in the box in the 56th minute. The Whitecaps improved their record to 2-0-2 in the young season before a sellout crowd of 21,000 at B.C. Place Stadium. The Dynamo (2-1-0) suffered their first loss. "I dont think you could ask for much more (to start the season)," said Miller. He scored what proved to be the winning goal as he put the hosts ahead 2-0 with his spot kick, rolling a shot into the right corner of the net. He had put his first penalty-kick attempt over Houston goalkeeper Tally Hall. "(Miller), obviously, has got a cool head (to score on) the second penalty," said Vancouver rookie head coach Carl Robinson. "The first (penalty kick) was driving me mad. I just prayed that hed put it in, and he did. Hes a very clever player and a very cool character, so Im delighted for (Miller) but delighted for all the guys." Jordan Harvey, in the 14th minute, also scored for the Whitecaps while Ricardo Clark, in the 75th, was the lone Houston marksman. "I think we got the result we deserved," said Robinson. "But we showed a lot of heart and character in todays performance." The Whitecaps effectively negated Dynamo striker Will Bruin, who had shared the MLS scoring lead after netting three goals in his clubs first two games to start the season. "I thought we did okay. We just came out on the wrong end of the result," said Houston coach Dominic Kinnear. Harvey, a left back, gave the Whitecaps a 1-0 lead as he bounced Andy OBriens header past Hall. The assist was the first point in MLS for OBrien, a central defender, who joined the Whitecaps midway through the 2012 season. The play originated off a long cross from the left flank by Pedro Morales. "I like to think I can contribute, not just with assists and things like that," said OBrien. "But Im pleased that I could contribute on the goal." After assisting on the goal, OBrien made several timely defensive plays with some key plays and a blocked cross that he took in the groin. He lay on the ground briefly but continued to play well after. Houston started with a charge and forced Whitecaps goalkeeper David Ousted to knock a Giles Barnes header over the crossbar in the first minute.ddddddddddddBut that was the only attempt Houston put on net in the first half. Afterwards, aside from getting back-to-back corner kicks in the eighth minute -- the second of which Ousted leaped out to catch -- the Dynamo rarely penetrated a staunch Whitecaps defence. On the other hand, Hall was forced to make three saves in the first half, including two on Morales. The second stop on Morales came in stoppage time and prevented the Whitecaps from going into halftime with a bigger lead and considerable confidence. The Dynamo again attempted to get off to a strong start in the second half, but the Caps held them off fairly easily as Robinson switched to a diamond-shaped midfield that he had not used previously. "The system that we played today gave us more options when we had the ball," said OBrien. "It exposed the channel areas for (Mattocks) to run into, and hes not the guy that you want to be chasing with the ball a as a defender." Vancouvers penalty kick was awarded after Mattocks tried to deke Sarkodie a few yards inside the Houston box. Sarkodie fell and swept his arm out, getting a hand on the ball. Clark pulled the Dynamo within a goal as he headed home a Brad Davis free kick. But the Whitecaps managed to hold Houston off the scoreboard the rest of the way as Robinson made substitutions to keep his attackers fresh and the defenders and midfielders remained solid in their play. "Were going to concede goals, but its about how you bounce back and we didnt look (like we were) under any pressure," said Robinson. "They pushed time after time, and theyre a big, physical team, but while they were putting bigger players on, I was putting smaller players on." Morales, a 28-year-old Chilean midfielder who is in his first season with the Whitecaps, continued to draw rave reviews from his coach and teammates for his vision and passing ability. He now has a goal and two assists in his first four MLS career games. "Hes a joy to watch, he really is, and I think hes a joy to play with as well," said Robinson. "He just gives us a different dimension to our team." Notes: The Whitecaps honoured retired defender Y.P. Lee before the game. The former Korean international was presented with a photo of himself and his two children, taken prior to the final game of his career last season. Lee continues to live in Vancouver and works with the Whitecaps business operations while pursuing his education. a The game marked a rare time when a female official, Felisha Mariscal of Chula Vista., Calif., served as an assistant referee in an MLS contest. Mariscals brothers Apolinar (Polo) and Eduardo, who are twins, are also soccer officials. a Vancouver captain Jay DeMerit played the whole game a week after Robinson kept him at home to rest while the Caps earned a draw in Philadelphia. a Vancouver midfielder Gershon Koffie was solid in place of the injured Nigel Reo-Coker (concussion.) Cheap Buffalo Sabres Gear Wholesale Calgary Flames Jerseys Cheap Adidas Colorado Avalanche Jerseys Montreal Canadiens Outlet Store Wholesale New Jersey Devils Jerseys Adidas Arizona Coyotes Jerseys Cheap Adidas Boston Bruins Jerseys Cheap Adidas Carolina Hurricanes Jerseys Chicago Blackhawks Shop Free Shipping Wholesale Columbus Blue Jackets Jerseys Dallas Stars Shop Free Shipping Cheap Adidas Detroit Red Wings Jerseys Anaheim Ducks Jerseys China Wholesale Edmonton Oilers Jerseys Florida Panthers Shop Free Shipping Wholesale Los Angeles Kings Jerseys Minnesota Wild Outlet Store Cheap Adidas Nashville Predators Jerseys Cheap Adidas New York Islanders Jerseys New York Rangers Winter Classic Jerseys Cheap Adidas Ottawa Senators Jerseys Cheap Adidas Philadelphia Flyers Jerseys Wholesale Pittsburgh Penguins Jerseys Cheap Adidas San Jose Sharks Jerseys St. Louis Blues Winter Classic Jerseys Wholesale Tampa Bay Lightning Jerseys Toronto Maple Leafs Outlet Store Vancouver Canucks Outlet Store Cheap Adidas Vegas Golden Knights Jerseys Cheap Adidas Washington Capitals Jerseys Cheap Adidas Winnipeg Jets Jerseys ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Forum Software von Xobor
Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen
Datenschutz