Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
logo
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 141 mal aufgerufen
 Lecker Kerlchen...
carrie201918 Offline

29.05.2019 05:29
SEATTLE -- Mariners rookie Roenis Elias has flashed signs of brilliance in the first two months of his major league career. A st Antworten

SEATTLE -- Mariners rookie Roenis Elias has flashed signs of brilliance in the first two months of his major league career. A strong fastball. A big, bending curveball that can buckle hitters at the knees. Against the Detroit Tigers on Sunday, Elias put the entire package together against one of the leagues strongest lineups. The 25-year-old left-hander from Cuba kept Detroit off balance in throwing a three-hitter, pitching Seattle to a 4-0 win. Elias (4-4) struck out eight and walked one in his 12th major league start, and the first one to last longer than seven innings. Elias is the first Mariners rookie to record a shutout since Freddy Garcia on Aug. 24, 1999, against the Tigers. "He had all his secondary stuff," manager Lloyd McClendon said. "I thought his changeup was exceptional. He kept the fastball down for the most part. Pitched in and out. The curveball was good as well but I thought the changeup was the equalizer today." Heading to the mound for the ninth inning, Elias had to face the heart of Detroits lineup in Ian Kinsler, Miguel Cabrera and Victor Martinez. All three hitters are hitting over .300 and were facing Elias for the fourth time in the game, but he made quick work of the trio to close out the victory. "I didnt think there was much that would affect this guy as far as nerves were concerned given his situation and where he came from," McClendon said. "He didnt disappoint. He just went out and did his job. Elias recorded five of his eight strikeouts with the curveball. "When he keeps (the curveball) in the zone and guys have to respect it as a strike and then he can use it as a put-away pitch, thats when its really working well for him," catcher Mike Zunino said. The Tigers only moved one runner in scoring position, and Elias matched a career high with 111 pitches. "I was told that to have success (in the majors) you have to have command of three pitches," Elias said through a translator. "The curveball, the changeup and the fastball were all working today." Elias threw the first complete game shutout for Seattle since Aaron Harang on June 11, 2013, in a 4-0 win over the Houston Astros. Elias said it was only his second career complete game, the other coming in Single-A. The Tigers were shut out for the third time this season and second time on their current road trip. The Tigers have lost 10 of their last 14 games. "He had a good curveball with a good down angle. Its tough to square up on," Tigers manager Brad Ausmus said. "It was just one of those days where we made quick, easy outs and didnt really put up much of a fight. Max Scherzer (6-2) gave up four runs and nine hits in 6 2-3 innings. In his last three outings, he has allowed 16 earned runs with a 7.32 ERA. His ERA for the year has climbed to 3.20. "They did a good job hitting some pitches that were up and capitalized on some off-speed mistakes that sailed up in the zone," Scherzer said. Endy Chavez hit a leadoff double in the Seattle first and Michael Saunders doubled for a 1-0 lead. Willie Bloomquist and Chavez each singled in the third, putting runners at the corners with no outs. James Jones flied out, Saunders struck out and Bloomquist was thrown out at home plate on a double steal attempt. In the fifth, Dustin Ackley led off with a single and swiped second base. Bloomquist hit an RBI double and James singled home a run. Brad Miller homered off Scherzer in the seventh. NOTES: Seattle 2B Robinson Cano was out of the lineup for a fourth straight game. He is day to day while dealing with a bone bruise on his left hand. ... Jones was removed from the game for precautionary reasons in the eighth with tightness in his left groin. He was replaced defensively by Cole Gillespie. ... Detroit C Bryan Holaday has thrown out just two of 10 runners who have tried to steal against him. Ackley and Jones both stole bases in the fifth inning for Seattle. ... Seattle SS Miller homered for the first time since April 11 against Oakland, his fourth on the year. Eddie Murray Jersey . Carreno Busta broke his opponent five times in the match, but also lost his serve three times in the second set before prevailing in the tiebreaker. Both players struggled with their first serve, as Carreno Busta landed just 51 per cent of his to 47 per cent for Kukushkin. Cal Ripken Jersey . Fellow Argentina forward Gonzalo Higuain also had a brace for Napoli. And Samuel Etoo scored for his fourth different team. On a night of standout individual performances Wednesday, Schalke goalkeeper Timo Hildebrand had a game hell want to forget. http://www.theoriolesteamshop.com/Oriole...er-Kids-Jersey/. Berkman almost left the game last off-season before signing with the Texas Rangers. He then had another injury-plagued season and was limited to 73 games. Joey Rickard Jersey . In an interview with La Presse this week, the five-time Stanley Cup champion and three-time NHL scoring leader specifically took aim at wingers Thomas Vanek and Max Pacioretty, saying they cant show up in a 7-4 win over the New York Rangers in Game 5 of the Eastern Conference Final and come up empty in Game 6. Jim Palmer Jersey . -- Canadian Erik Bedard pitched into the fifth inning in his bid to win a spot in Tampa Bays rotation, helping the Rays beat the Toronto Blue Jays 6-3 on Saturday.It has become a familiar sight in recent years. Cricketers on the outfield, warming up with a game of football prior to the start of play. However, while it has become a staple for many teams, there have been those who have spoken out against the pre-match kick about, notably Lancashire head coach Ashley Giles, who has pointed to the high risk of injury.That has been shown recently as Hampshire have been hit by the news that fast bowler Fidel Edwards has been ruled out for the rest of the season with an ankle injury sustained while playing football in the warm up ahead of a County Championship game. Former Durham and England bowler Steve Harmison was part of a number of sides for whom the game of football to warm up was almost sacrosanct, although they were not without incident.Yorkshire played a lot of football in warm ups in the brief time I was there, he told Sky Sports. Durham played football religiously, we had to play football in the morning.Depending on the coach and some of the players in the England group, football was going alright for a little bit and then Jimmy [Anderson] went and stood on the ball in New Zealand [in 2008] and did his ankle and got us a ban! Fidel Edwards is out for the season with an injury picked up playing football Despite the injuries sustained by Anderson and Edwards, and while Harmison understands the concerns expressed by the likes of Giles, he insists that there are plenty of positives too.Ashley Giles was very vocal, saying you shouldnt be playing. I think Ash has a point but I think during my time, it probably wasnt as professional as it is now, he said.There are a lot more people involved in the game now who want time with the players, i.e. psychologists, fitness men, nutritionists, analysts. So there is a lot more than goes into preparing for games other than lets play 10 minutes of football, hit a few, bowl a few and get on with the game. Ex-England international Steve Harmison (right) believes football gets the blood and juices flowing I think the game has changed and Ash has a point that maybe playing football isnt the best. But on the other hand, getting mobile, getting moved and running around, getting the blood and juices flowing - football was probably the best Ive seen at doing that.Football was also a good way of boosting the camaraderie among teams, according to the 20005 Ashes winner, and was especially useful during long days in the field.ddddddddddddGoing straight into fielding drills, youre asking for sloppiness, for me. [Football] got everyone going plus it got people talking about the game, Harmison added.For me, the football was quite good if you were fielding that day because if something happened, if somebody made a mistake, scored an own goal or if somebody scored a worldie it would be the topic of conversation throughout the six hours. Lancashire head coach Ashley Giles is against football as a warm up That got me through, everybody would be going back and referencing what happened in the morning.It got quite competitive at Durham because it was old ones against young ones. Obviously, because we were there for four days, sometimes five days because of when youd get there, especially on away games, we used to play for dinner.It would be old ones against young ones for five days, whoever wins pays for dinner on the next trip. The next team meal would be paid for by the losers of that game.The old ones had a lot of free meals, to be fair. There was a lot of enthusiasm from the young ones but when it comes to experience, you cant buy that. The young ones tended to argue a lot with each other whereas the old ones just got on with it. Rugby is another sport played in warm ups by cricketers Harmison also revealed that some cricket teams play rugby as a warm up while ahead of the start of one T20 tournament, the then Durham captain Dale Benkenstein took his side to the driving range to prepare. Often what it came down to was personal preference.There are different ways of doing things, for different people, but football is such an easy game to play and understand, he added. I love the game, I played it before I played cricket, hence why I went back into it but I can understand why some coaches are anti-football.It has its pros and its cons but Ash has a little bit of a point now youre losing star players. Some coaches like it, other coaches dont and I dont think theyll be playing football at Lancashire in the near future. Also See: Edwards ruled out for season County Championship Div One table County Championship Div Two table Domestic fixtures/results Cheap Buffalo Sabres Gear Wholesale Calgary Flames Jerseys Cheap Adidas Colorado Avalanche Jerseys Montreal Canadiens Outlet Store Wholesale New Jersey Devils Jerseys Adidas Arizona Coyotes Jerseys Cheap Adidas Boston Bruins Jerseys Cheap Adidas Carolina Hurricanes Jerseys Chicago Blackhawks Shop Free Shipping Wholesale Columbus Blue Jackets Jerseys Dallas Stars Shop Free Shipping Cheap Adidas Detroit Red Wings Jerseys Anaheim Ducks Jerseys China Wholesale Edmonton Oilers Jerseys Florida Panthers Shop Free Shipping Wholesale Los Angeles Kings Jerseys Minnesota Wild Outlet Store Cheap Adidas Nashville Predators Jerseys Cheap Adidas New York Islanders Jerseys New York Rangers Winter Classic Jerseys Cheap Adidas Ottawa Senators Jerseys Cheap Adidas Philadelphia Flyers Jerseys Wholesale Pittsburgh Penguins Jerseys Cheap Adidas San Jose Sharks Jerseys St. Louis Blues Winter Classic Jerseys Wholesale Tampa Bay Lightning Jerseys Toronto Maple Leafs Outlet Store Vancouver Canucks Outlet Store Cheap Adidas Vegas Golden Knights Jerseys Cheap Adidas Washington Capitals Jerseys Cheap Adidas Winnipeg Jets Jerseys ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Forum Software von Xobor
Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen
Datenschutz