Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
logo
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 103 mal aufgerufen
 Lecker Kerlchen...
carrie201918 Offline

13.06.2019 05:19
1. What was the first big story that you broke?Every breaking story has meaning which is why trade deadline day and free agent f Antworten

1. What was the first big story that you broke?Every breaking story has meaning which is why trade deadline day and free agent frenzy have maintained both news and entertainment value. For me, breaking the Joe Thornton trade from Boston to the San Jose Sharks in 2005 was a big one. I had the trade from multiple sources, but still hesitated before posting. Many anxious minutes passed before the Sharks and Bruins confirmed the trade.2. What was your initial dream job?I called play by play for the Brandon Wheat Kings in the early 90s and loved feeling like I was part of the action. I moved on to call a number of IHL games for the Manitoba Moose and was also fortunate to do play by play for a few Ottawa Senators games as well while working my way up the network TV ladder. Hosting and news gathering ultimately led me down the path of evolving into a hockey insider, however, initially I believed play by play would become my role.3. Who has been your biggest professional role model?Very good question. Very difficult question to answer. Over the years I have worked with so many strong and very talented people. I know I wouldnt be doing what Im doing without Bob McKenzie, who is a trail blazer in our industry in terms of how the role of a Hockey Insider has grown over the years. Scott Morrison is another veteran newspaper man who successfully made the leap into network television and in the early days I learned a great deal from Scott in applying good journalism in everything I do. Mike Keenan and I also became good friends during one of his TV tours. His hard work and determination was very impactful. As I said, there are so many people who have helped me and still do today. TSNs strongest resource is its experienced staff. At every level of the industry and can proudly say Im surrounded by the best.4. What is your relationship like with Bob McKenzie?Bob and I are good friends. He has been my mentor and constant source of support. We work well together and share a common passion for minor hockey. Im not quite the crazy hockey dad Bob was, but I have my moments and its always good to be able to share one or two of the sketchy ones with someone you know has been there. The best thing about Bob, he always has my back.5. How has Twitter changed your job?Twitter has changed our business...largely for the better. Every hockey market has a trusting collection of beat reporters. We cant be in 30 NHL cities at the same time, however, Twitter allows us to monitor each club hour by hour which is hugely important in staying on top of things. Twitter also promotes immediate news breaking and is always the first method we use to break a story.6. Other than hockey, whats your next biggest hobby or interest?In the winter, obviously I spend a lot of time crafting and working on our backyard rink. Its a labour of love, but I love the set-up, the maintenance and watching my kids enjoy themselves back there. In the summer - golf, time by the pool and travel mostly occupy my days.7. Which day is crazier for you - Trade Deadline or Free Ageny Frenzy?Trade deadline has a bigger feel and sense of urgency...certainly in the build up and days of coverage leading up to deadline day. Free Agent Frenzy is equally important and definitely tests our contact base, however, there seems to be more focus on the trade deadline.8. How much time do you spend on your phone each day?Too much! Depends on the time of year. Leading up to the deadline or free agent frenzy my phone is buzzing all the time. Im up every morning by 7am to prep for radio. Normally, I start firing off texts and emails by 8:15am and the day develops based on the call-backs and the storylines I happen to be chasing each day.9. What do you see as the biggest rule change in the next five years in the NHL?Additional video review. While I appreciate the reluctance to fully turn the game over to technology, because the world is so advanced, its seems wrong not to get it right all of the time. Pucks off mesh that lead to goals, goaltender interference, offside...plays that can be easily reviewed to determine goal vs. no goal will be in the next five years.10. Do people still reference "Dreger Face" and whats the story behind that?Yes, theres the odd mention of it. My colleague, Pierre LeBrun took a quick picture of a group of us inside NHL offices in New York during the lockout. I was sitting at the time and happened to glance up as he snapped the pic on his phone. He didnt look at the picture before tweeting it. Had he looked, I doubt he would have tweeted it since I clearly appeared to be in some satanic trance. All good fun...mostly created by Jay Onrait who immediately labeled the shot Dreger Face.11. Does anyone have a better backyard rink then you?Hahahahaha. Yes. Darcy Tucker and I jab each other on Twitter from time to time. However, I believe Darcy still employs an arena staff to help him.12. Finish this sentence: The thing about people from Alberta is ________?...honest and hardworking just like the fine people from Saskatchewan, my home province.13. Do you ever read or listen to criticism on social media?Rarely. I will respond to those I follow and will retweet charitable causes, etc, however, theres a lot of hate spewed on social media and I dont have time for that.14. Can you go BarDown?Yes. My son (Mason) and I play a game on the backyard rink. Hes getting really good at it, but the old man still might have the edge. Mikael Granlund Jersey . No pretty goals on this night, just get to the front of the net and fight for a chance. Jason Zucker Jersey . "I have had no discussions with Chad Johnson or his representation," Popp said Friday in an email. However, he appeared to confirm a report on Twitter from TSN this week that Johnson was on Montreals negotiation list. http://www.authenticwildpro.com/Eric-sta...-jersey/.During the week, McCoy told reporters he respected Hoyer for his intelligence, athleticism and how he conducts himself on and off the field. This wasnt an act, some attempt at psyching out Hoyer. Ryan Suter Jersey . The incident occurred at 6:28 of the first period in Anaheims 6-3 home win over Dallas on Sunday. Garbutt left the penalty box and skated at Penner before leaving his skates to deliver a check. Custom Minnesota Wild Jerseys . - Titans quarterback Jake Locker will miss the rest of the season with a Lisfranc injury to his right foot, leaving Tennessee trying to rally with Ryan Fitzpatrick.MILWAUKEE -- Jolted by a two-game losing streak, the Oklahoma City Thunder turned to Serge Ibaka and their defence to stop the slide. Ibaka equaled a career high with 20 rebounds, adding four blocked shots and 15 points as the Thunder smothered the Milwaukee Bucks offence in a 92-79 victory Saturday night. "Serges performance was outstanding, the way he was blocking and altering shots and his rebounds," Thunder coach Scott Brooks said. "His 15 and 20 was one of his best games. Hes standing out as a guy that can get 10 rebounds a night and hes been pretty consistent. Thats what makes you a very good pro, that consistency." Russell Westbrook scored 26 points and Kevin Durant added 24 for the Thunder, who were coming off back-to-back road losses to the Los Angeles Clippers and Golden State Warriors. O.J. Mayo scored 22 points for the Bucks, losers of five straight who continue to play short-handed because of injuries. Milwaukee played good enough defence to keep it close, but had too many offensive lulls. The Bucks shot 22.2 per cent in the fourth quarter. "We didnt make shots, but defensively, we were really good," Durant said. "They hit some 3s, which they do, but we contested them all night. Overall, defensively we played well." Bucks coach Larry Drew says his team gets into trouble when it stops moving the ball on offence -- lapses that allowed the Thunders defence to pounce. "When you play against a team like OKC, (when) you keep the ball on one side of the floor, they load up that side of the floor," Drew said. "You become very easy to guard, because they do such a good job in their rotations. Its very obvious. When we hit those bad spells, that basketball stops moving and it doesnt jump around." At least some of that credit goes to Ibaka. "Hes a physical player," Bucks forward Ekpe Udoh said. "Hes athletic, gets off his feet. . Hes talented. Hit a couple of shots on me." The Thunder also welcomed back centre Kendrick Perkins, whho was away from the team for two games following his grandfathers death.dddddddddddd Before the game, Brooks emphasized Perkins critical role on defence -- particularly on pick-and-rolls. Oklahoma City took control with an 11-4 run to end the third quarter -- playing with reserves for much of that stretch -- and led 72-65 going into the fourth. Milwaukee was held scoreless for more than four minutes to start the fourth, but went on a quick 8-0 run, cutting the lead to 77-73 on a 3-pointer by Mayo with 6:10 remaining. But Westbrook hit a jumper, Ibaka swatted away a putback attempt by Udoh, and Ibaka hit a shot on the other end to give the Thunder an 81-73 lead with 4:28 left. The Bucks continue to struggle with injuries -- although they werent as short-handed on Saturday as they were in a loss at Orlando on Wednesday, when they had only eight healthy players. "We know Milwaukee is banged up right now, but we wanted to come in and play a solid defensive game and I thought we did," Brooks said. "We made them take tough shots. We did a good job defensively." Mayo sees better things coming for the Bucks when they get healthy. "Well be a lot better for sure," he said. "Heck yeah, man. As we get more and more healthy, more of the seasoned guys back in, itll strengthen our first unit." Milwaukee went into halftime with the score tied at 40, holding Oklahoma City to 31.3 per cent shooting from the floor in the first half. Bucks rookie Giannis Antetokounmpo provided several highlights in the first half for Milwaukee, including a flying dunk on an alley-oop from Luke Ridnour, two blocked shots and a handful of other deflections. NOTES: Drew said he does not have a timeline for the return of forward Ersan Ilyasova, who continues to sit out with a sore right ankle. ... Drew was optimistic that Caron Butler (left shoulder) and Brandon Knight (right hamstring) would return soon. ... Durant recovered from a cold start, shooting 3 for 10 from the floor in the first half. Cheap Buffalo Sabres Gear Wholesale Calgary Flames Jerseys Cheap Adidas Colorado Avalanche Jerseys Montreal Canadiens Outlet Store Wholesale New Jersey Devils Jerseys Adidas Arizona Coyotes Jerseys Cheap Adidas Boston Bruins Jerseys Cheap Adidas Carolina Hurricanes Jerseys Chicago Blackhawks Shop Free Shipping Wholesale Columbus Blue Jackets Jerseys Dallas Stars Shop Free Shipping Cheap Adidas Detroit Red Wings Jerseys Anaheim Ducks Jerseys China Wholesale Edmonton Oilers Jerseys Florida Panthers Shop Free Shipping Wholesale Los Angeles Kings Jerseys Minnesota Wild Outlet Store Cheap Adidas Nashville Predators Jerseys Cheap Adidas New York Islanders Jerseys New York Rangers Winter Classic Jerseys Cheap Adidas Ottawa Senators Jerseys Cheap Adidas Philadelphia Flyers Jerseys Wholesale Pittsburgh Penguins Jerseys Cheap Adidas San Jose Sharks Jerseys St. Louis Blues Winter Classic Jerseys Wholesale Tampa Bay Lightning Jerseys Toronto Maple Leafs Outlet Store Vancouver Canucks Outlet Store Cheap Adidas Vegas Golden Knights Jerseys Cheap Adidas Washington Capitals Jerseys Cheap Adidas Winnipeg Jets Jerseys ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Forum Software von Xobor
Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen
Datenschutz