Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
logo
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 88 mal aufgerufen
 Lecker Kerlchen...
carrie201918 Offline

24.06.2019 04:41
Laurent Duvernay-Tardif cant wait to strut his stuff Thursday. The McGill Redmen offensive lineman will hold a private workout i Antworten

Laurent Duvernay-Tardif cant wait to strut his stuff Thursday. The McGill Redmen offensive lineman will hold a private workout in Montreal for NFL and CFL scouts. And after spending much of the last four months preparing for the audition, the six-foot-five, 315-pound tackle is ready for it to finally happen. "I dont know if I should say this but I just want to do it and be done with it," he said with a chuckle Tuesday via telephone. "Ive been training since December for this . . . for me, its been so long. "I felt a little stressed last weekend but I went on the field (Monday) where Im going to hold my pro day and ran some very good times in my shuttle and three-cone so I think Im ready." The 23-year-old med student said he feels terrific right now but understands nerves and the pressure to perform could weigh heavily upon him at his pro day. If that happens, Duvernay-Tardif will take a rather philosophical approach to deal with the situation. "Nerves and pressure can help so much with your adrenalin," he said. "You just have to control that." Duvernay-Tardif was able to control being well rested and fresh for his workout. To ensure that, he took half of last week and all of this one off from his duties working the night shift at a Montreal hospital, expecting to return either Sunday or Monday. The articulate native of St. Hilaire, Que., finished the season as the top-ranked prospect for this years CFL draft, slated for May 13. But Duvernay-Tardif has also drawn plenty of NFL interest and is projected as a third- or fourth-round selection in this years draft, which will be held May 8-10. Not bad, considering Duvernay-Tardif began his college career as a 253-pound defensive lineman and only switched to offence in 2011. McGill also accommodated his heavy academic workload by reducing his practice commitments during football season. But that didnt stop Duvernay-Tardif from twice earning All-Canadian honours and capturing the 13 Metras trophy as Canadian university footballs top lineman. He was invited to participate in last weekends CFL combine in Toronto but opted instead to focus on his pro day. Its unclear how many scouts will attend Duvernay-Tardifs workout. Both the Arizona Cardinals and Buffalo Bills have said publicly theyll be there but some CFL teams are expected to take a miss because Duvernay-Tardif is likely to be go in the NFL draft and start his pro career there. Regardless, Duvernay-Tardifs people are erring on the side of caution. "We agreed to prepare food for 50 people, I dont know what that means," Duvernay-Tardif said. "Ive been told if we had 15 (NFL scouts) wed be super happy and if we had 20, that would be incredible." Duvernay-Tardif said hell begin the workout with his jumps — standing broad and vertical — then run the 40-yard dash. Afterwards, hell do timed agility events and the bench press before performing position drills requested by the scouts. "I want to show them Im athletic," Duvernay-Tardif said. "Im not going there to show my technique, Im going there so they can see I can move, Im smooth and flexible but also explosive and I think my broad and vertical jump will show that." Duvernay-Tardif wont be done auditioning for NFL teams after his workout. He said he has visits already lined up with Arizona, the Super Bowl-champion Seattle Seahawks and Cleveland Browns. Duvernay-Tardif has benchmarks he wants to hit Thursday. Hed like to reach at least nine feet in the broad jump and 31.5 inches in the vertical while posting a 40-yard dash time around 5.1 seconds and showing excellent quickness and mobility in the agility drills. Positioning the bench press late in the workout is surprising because many athletes prefer to do strength movements early when theyre freshest. But Duvernay-Tardif isnt concerned about fatigue being a factor when he goes under the bar. "After I bench, I feel Im tight in my chest and my arm motion so when I run its not as good," he said. "Id like to do a really really good number (in bench) but I know already Im probably going to go over 37 so Im not sure if it really matters if its 37 or 40. "I just want to jump well and do a good shuttle. The bench isnt really a concern for me." But Duvernay-Tardif admits to having a little fear of the unknown regarding what drills scouts will ask him to perform. "Its been a while since Ive done anything football-related," he said. "I want to work out for them but at the same time I dont know what theyre going to ask and you never really know what theyre going to look for." How Duvernay-Tardif performs and handles himself Thursday will be crucial. For many pro football personnel, it will be their first chance to see and speak with him and formulate that all-important first impression. But Duvernay-Tardif is approaching the workout like any other. "Im going to eat what I normally eat, maybe some cottage cheese, toast and fruit," he said. "Then Ill head to the gym and do a good warmup because I feel thats key when you run, you want to sweat a little bit before you do. "I think everything now is on my side, I just have to go and deliver." The scouting report on Duvernay-Tardif says he has the size, strength, athleticism, temperament and intelligence to play at the next level. However, there are concerns about his inexperience as an offensive lineman and having played a yard off the ball at McGill, prompting some scouts to question if Duvernay-Tardif can get into blocks quickly enough in the NFL. Then again, Duvernay-Tardif has experience playing the American game. He participated in the East-West Shrine game in St. Petersburg, Fla., last January. "I am looking forward to this but at the same time Im keeping myself occupied," Duvernay-Tardif said. "That way you stay fresh and then you run." Womens Avalanche Jerseys . LOUIS -- St. Tyson Jost Jersey . He has spent much of his adult life trying to give back to his native South Sudan, the war-torn African nation the Cavaliers forward and his family fled when he was a young boy. http://www.cheapavalanchechinajerseys.co...antanen-jersey/. The top-ranked Williams carried her winning momentum from 2013 into the new season, beating No. 2-ranked Victoria Azarenka 6-4, 7-5 on Saturday to defend her title at the Brisbane International and set the tone for the Australian Open. Matt Nieto Jersey . - Urijah (The California Kid) Faber finds himself in an unaccustomed position Saturday night at UFC 175 — on the preliminary card. Teemu Selanne Jersey . J.J. Hardy drove in a run for the Orioles, who bounced back from an 8-4 loss in the series opener on Friday. Fresh off the 15-day disabled list, Derrek Lee went 2-for-4 with two runs scored. Jake Arrieta (7-3) gave up three runs on five hits over six innings to pick up the win.DALLAS - Jamie Benns first goal in six games turned out to be the winner for the Dallas Stars.Antoine Roussel and Benn scored 16 seconds apart in the third period, and Dallas edged the Washington Capitals 5-4 on Saturday night after losing a 3-0 lead.Benn, Tyler Seguin and Jason Spezza, the Stars three leading scorers, all scored to show signs that theyre coming out of slumps. Seguins goal was his first in seven games, and Spezza has only two in 15 games.We need them on the board on a consistent basis, Stars coach Lindy Ruff said. Tylers missed some unbelievable chances. But at the same time, that goal by Benn, because theyve been few and far between, is important to get him going again.Roussel broke a 3-3 tie 3:14 into the third by tapping in the puck from left of the net. Benn added his goal at 3:30.Seguin, Spezza and Erik Cole each had a goal and an assist, and Jyrki Jokipakka added two assists for Dallas.Cole said that settling on a line with Spezza and Ales Hemsky has helped.I think thats helped game in, game out to talk about things, Cole said. Were not going to work consistently (by) moving up and down the lineup and having a bunch of different parts moving in and out.Benn, Seguin and Colton Sceviour have been working as Dallas first line.Alex Ovechkins breakaway goal 21 seconds into the third period helped Washington rally from a three-goal deficit.We made some big mistakes at just critical times, Ruff said. Even to start the period shooting the puck into shin pads and giving Ovechkin a breakaway. To that point, we had done a pretty good job limiting his opportunities.Barely three minutes after Ovechkins goal, Roussel and Benn gave the Stars the goals they needed to win.You work all the way (back), Capitals coach Barry Trotz said. Its like youre buillding something and then all of a sudden, it gets knocked down right away.dddddddddddd Within not even a minute, we gave them a two-goal lead again.The Stars kept Washington from scoring a tying goal after Nicklas Backstrom beat Kari Lehtonen at 16:34 of the third period.Eric Fehr and Andre Burakovsky also scored for Washington, which took a second straight loss for the first time since Dec. 2.Lehtonen made 28 saves. Justin Peters had 21 in his first start since Nov. 29 for Washington.(Lehtonen) definitely saved the game in the third period for them, Ovechkin said. Hes a top-level goalie and when they needed it, he made a save.Seguin, Cole and Spezza scored for the 3-0 lead at 4:13 of the second period.Washington rallied to come within a goal at 3-2 later in the second. Fehr scored at 5:30, putting a pass from Joel Ward between Lehtonens legs, and Burakovsky sent a drive from the top of the slot past Dallas goalie at 16:06.NOTES: Before Saturday, Capitals goalie Braden Holtby had started 21 games in a row and appeared in 27 straight. ... Backstrom had his 399th career assist on Ovechkins 25th goal of the season. ... Seguins goal was his league-leading 27th, but his first in seven games. ... Benn scored his first goal in six games. ... Stars C Cody Eakin played in his 200th NHL game. ... Dallas placed RW Brett Ritchie (undisclosed injury) on injured reserve, and brought up Jokipakka and LW Curtis McKenzie from Texas of the AHL. ... Rookie Jokipakka has just five assists, but has had two in a game twice. ... Trevor Daley (undisclosed) did not play, and Ruff said he didnt expect the defenceman to be out through the All-Star break. The Capitals are 1-12-5 when their opponents score first. ... The Stars have won their last six against Washington. Cheap Buffalo Sabres Gear Wholesale Calgary Flames Jerseys Cheap Adidas Colorado Avalanche Jerseys Montreal Canadiens Outlet Store Wholesale New Jersey Devils Jerseys Adidas Arizona Coyotes Jerseys Cheap Adidas Boston Bruins Jerseys Cheap Adidas Carolina Hurricanes Jerseys Chicago Blackhawks Shop Free Shipping Wholesale Columbus Blue Jackets Jerseys Dallas Stars Shop Free Shipping Cheap Adidas Detroit Red Wings Jerseys Anaheim Ducks Jerseys China Wholesale Edmonton Oilers Jerseys Florida Panthers Shop Free Shipping Wholesale Los Angeles Kings Jerseys Minnesota Wild Outlet Store Cheap Adidas Nashville Predators Jerseys Cheap Adidas New York Islanders Jerseys New York Rangers Winter Classic Jerseys Cheap Adidas Ottawa Senators Jerseys Cheap Adidas Philadelphia Flyers Jerseys Wholesale Pittsburgh Penguins Jerseys Cheap Adidas San Jose Sharks Jerseys St. Louis Blues Winter Classic Jerseys Wholesale Tampa Bay Lightning Jerseys Toronto Maple Leafs Outlet Store Vancouver Canucks Outlet Store Cheap Adidas Vegas Golden Knights Jerseys Cheap Adidas Washington Capitals Jerseys Cheap Adidas Winnipeg Jets Jerseys ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Forum Software von Xobor
Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen
Datenschutz