Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
logo
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 95 mal aufgerufen
 Ihr seid gefragt!
wh3171 Offline

30.10.2019 07:52
with two touchdowns and no interceptions Antworten

ORCHARD PARK, N. New York Mets Gear .Y. -- Once Bills quarterback EJ Manuel practiced Sunday for the first time in two weeks, coach Doug Marrone had an inkling the rookie first-round draft pick might be ready to open the season. On Wednesday, Marrone was convinced, announcing Manuel had fully recovered from a left knee injury and will start against the New England Patriots on Sunday. "Hes 110 per cent. He looks good out there," Marrone said following practice. "And thats what were going to go with." Thats a relief for Marrone. He was expressing uncertainty about Manuels status since the quarterback was hurt scrambling during a 20-16 preseason win over Minnesota Aug. 16. "Obviously, being a Catholic, there were a lot of prayers to that," Marrone said. "I mean, honestly, you go home and say Gosh, I hope hes healthy, but you really dont know." Manuel was far more confident he would be ready, especially after taking part in individual drills on Sunday in his first practice since having what the team called a "minor procedure" Aug. 18. "I felt I would be good to go a few days ago as far as my knee," Manuel said. "I know mentally, if I had the chance to go out and play, Id be ready for it." Manuel showed little sign of a limp despite wearing a small brace during practice. "I havent had any hesitation," Manuel said, noting he hasnt determined whether hell wear the brace on Sunday. "It feels fine. It feels strong, so I can do all my normal movements." He opened practice as he had done in training camp. Taking the snap, Manuel dumped a short pass over the middle to C.J. Spiller, and then took off running without a sign of a hitch toward the end zone with the rest of the starting offence. Manuel also spent another half-hour throwing passes following practice. His return is the first bit of positive news for the retooled and rookie-laden Bills, who have been stung by a series of setbacks over the past week. Starting cornerback Stephon Gilmore will miss the first month with a broken left wrist. Starting safety Jairus Byrds status is uncertain because of a foot injury and after he missed most of the off-season before signing his franchise tender two weeks ago. Kicker became an issue after rookie Dustin Hopkins hurt his right groin in practice Monday. Marrone called the injury minor, but ruled Hopkins out from playing Sunday. Dan Carpenter will fill in after the fifth-year player signed Tuesday. Quarterback has been the Bills most pressing need over the past two weeks. Had Manuel not been ready, the Bills wouldve been forced to start undrafted rookie Jeff Tuel, the only other quarterback on their active roster. Buffalo was placed in this position after veteran free-agent addition Kevin Kolb sustained a season-ending concussion. The Bills scrambled to add quarterbacks by signing free-agent veteran Matt Leinart and acquiring Thaddeus Lewis in a trade with Detroit. Leinart was cut on Friday, a day after he struggled in a preseason loss to the Lions. Lewis was also cut, but has since been signed to Buffalos practice squad. Manuel now gets his opportunity to be the opening-day starter, just as the Bills had envisioned in April, when they selected him with the 16th pick in the NFL draft. The Florida State product was the first and only quarterback taken in the first round. He arrived in Buffalo with the expectation of filling a position thats been unsettled since Hall of Famer Jim Kelly retired following the 1996 season. Marrone isnt lowering his expectations with Manuel set to make his NFL debut, and against an AFC East rival that has won 18 of the past 19 games against Buffalo. "Id be lying if Im sitting here saying, I dont expect him to do great things," Marrone said. "We expect not just EJ, but all of our players that are out there to perform at a very, very high level." Manuel is a strong-armed and mobile player, who best fits Marrones up-tempo approach to offence. In two preseason games, Manuel was inconsistent, but showed encouraging signs of developing as a starter. He went a combined 26 of 33 for 199 yards passing, with two touchdowns and no interceptions. Center Eric Wood was excited about Manuels return, and believes the rookie will be ready Sunday. "I dont think itll be too big for him," Wood said, noting Manuel had a 25-6 record, including four Bowl victories, at Florida State. "Hes got a good head on his shoulders." Cheap Mets Jerseys . The incident occurred at 6:28 of the first period in Anaheims 6-3 home win over Dallas on Sunday. Garbutt left the penalty box and skated at Penner before leaving his skates to deliver a check. Mets Jerseys China .J. - Trying to learn and absorb the new West Coast offence being installed by new offensive co-ordinator Ben McAdoo, the New York Giants wrapped their final organized team activity Thursday before a three-day mini-camp next week. https://www.cheapmetsjerseys.us/ . However, the 38-year-old is in no hurry to sign with another team. "Im not in a rush. This will be my last contract, so I want to do it right," said Burris on Thursday.Kevin Glenn was the centre of some short-lived controversy on Tuesday, as the CFL quarterbacks Twitter account appeared to take some shots at his current team the Ottawa Redblacks. "I hear you Im trying to get traded they said it will be either Winn Sask or BC they wont trade me to east I heard bell going to cal," his Twitter account @qterback5 read. "Tell nick (Moore) and Keron (Williams) Ottawa some snakes they lied to me." Glenns agent later told TSN that the account had been hacked and Glenn then sent a tweet denying his involvement in the message. "My twitter has beeen hacked," he wrote. New York Mets Store. . "Ive kept quiet about my situation in Ottawa for weeks now, so why would I post something like that. Everyone knows what type of person I am and this is not something in my character." The 34-year-old was selected by Ottawa in the first round of Decembers CFL expansion draft but his time as face of the franchise was short-lived when the Redblacks signed free agent QB Henry Burris earlier this month. Reports state the Redblacks are currently trying to trade Glenn, and that a few teams, including the Winnipeg Blue Bombers, are showing interest. ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Forum Software von Xobor
Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen
Datenschutz