Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
logo
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 107 mal aufgerufen
 Ihr seid gefragt!
Cl11234566 Offline

04.11.2019 03:42
Monahan was a game-time decision Antworten

SALT LAKE CITY -- The national player of the year is heading to Utah. The Jazz obtained Trey Burke in a draft night deal with the Minnesota Timberwolves, who selected the Michigan point guard with the ninth pick in exchange for Utahs two first-rounders. Burke was told hed go as high as second in the draft and he started getting nervous. "My mind was pretty much everywhere. I was just ready to figure out where I was going to finally end up. Now that Im at Utah, Im definitely thrilled for the opportunity," Burke said. Burke is a pure pick-and-roll player who was the consensus national player of the year as a sophomore after leading the Wolverines to the national championship game. As part of the deal, the Jazz took UCLA swingman Shabazz Muhammad at No. 14 and Louisville centre and Senegal native Gorgui Dieng at No. 21 for the Timberwolves. Also, a person with knowledge of the situation told The Associated Press that the Nuggets traded Frenchman Rudy Gobert, whom they selected with the 27th pick, to the Jazz for cash and the 46th pick. The Jazz missed out on the playoffs for the second time in three years last season and have a young core of players that includes Alec Burks, Gordon Hayward, Enes Kanter and Derrick Favours that should benefit from the arrival of Burke. The Jazz have just six players on the roster with guaranteed contracts for 2013-14, none of them point guards. Burke won the Bob Cousy Award given annually to the nations best point guard. He averaged 18.6 points and 6.7 assists last season when he led the Wolverines to their first Final Four since 1993. Burke, who is small for an NBA guard at 6-foot-1, is known as a playmaker and often played his best in big games. He took care of the ball with a 3-to-1 assist-to-turnover ratio while crafting a reputation as one of college basketballs finest passers but his size may have led to his slide on the draft board. "I think the type of player that I am, I definitely get motivated by things like that," Burke said. "Teams passing up on me. Not knowing what to expect at the end of the day. So I definitely think it will motivate me." Scouts say Burke is most proficient running an offence featuring the pick-and-roll, a staple of the Jazz offence since the days of John Stockton and Karl Malone. "I know I have some really good shooters around me," Burke said. "I think with the guys that the Jazz already have, we can get up and down the floor as well. But I think Im going to be a guy thats going to bring the winning mentality to the team, that can make plays." The crowd watching the draft at Energy Solutions Arena stood and cheered when the trade was announced. In the first draft with general manager Dennis Lindsey at the helm, the Jazz made a bold move to fill a need. Lindsey, who was the assistant general manager for the San Antonio Spurs for five seasons before moving to the Jazz last season, brought nearly 70 players into Salt Lake City for workouts in the weeks before the draft in an unprecedented commitment to pre-draft, customized evaluations. Burke, however, was not one of those who made a visit to Utah. Once he arrives, the Jazz hope he makes an immediate impact. Gobert, on the other hand, may need a period of development before he brings his 7-foot-9 wingspan (the longest ever recorded at the NBA draft combine) and rebounding skills to Utah. Nike Air Max 90 Rea . -- Wichita State is all alone in the record book. Beställa Nike Air Max . He learned about pressure and expectations at the 2010 Games in his hometown of Vancouver. His next mission is to build on that experience at his next Olympic appearance in Sochi, where he plans to ride the momentum from the teams strong start to the season. http://www.reaairmaxsverige.com/. Coming off a 6-0 drubbing at Chelsea on Saturday, Arsenal endured another demoralizing result after rallying for a 2-1 lead -- only to concede a fluke equalizer. Nike Air Max Plus Sverige . Brooks replaces right-hander Yordano Ventura, who left his last outing with a sore elbow. Ventura is expected to miss one start. Brooks has made one relief appearance for the Royals this season, allowing six runs in two innings in a May 3 loss to Detroit. Nike Air Max Rea Sverige . According to a report from ESPN, the Green Bay Packers have re-signed the cornerback to a four-year, $39 million deal with a $12.The Edmonton Oilers are hoping their young stars are ready to go to the next level while the Flames are hoping to rebound from an opening night loss to the Vancouver Canucks as the two teams collide in Edmonton tonight. Edmonton has not been to the playoffs since reaching the Stanley Cup Final as an upstart eighth seed in 2006. Since then, the Oilers have invested a number of high draft picks into their future and are finally looking to cash in. Tonights roster will feature three players taken with the top pick: Taylor Hall (2010), Ryan Nugent-Hopkins (2011) and Nail Yakupov (2012). Hall has been the best of the bunch so far, notching a club-high 80 points in 75 games last year off 27 goals and 53 assists. Also expected to dress tonight for the Oilers will be 18-year-old forward Leon Draisaitl, the third overall pick of the 2014 draft, though defenseman Darnell Nurse, taken seventh overall in 2013, is expected to be a healthy scratch. General manager Craig MacTavish, who took over for the fired Steve Tambellini in April, has already begun to alter his roster, a makeover that started at last seasons trade deadline. MacTavish dealt center Sam Gagner to Tampa Bay for gritty forward Teddy Purcell and signed forward Benoit Pouliot to a five-year deal after Pouliot notched 36 points in 80 games with the New York Rangers last season before adding another five goals and 10 points in 25 playoff contests. While young defenseman Nurse and Oscar Klefbom watch as scratches, blueliners Nikita Nikitin and Mark Fayne are in line to make their Edmonton debuts and hope to add stabilityy to a unit that used 14 different defensemen a season ago.dddddddddddd Ben Scrivens, acquired from the Los Angeles Kings in January, will get the start in net on opening night for the Oilers. He is 0-1-0 in two games (1 start) versus the Flames, giving up five goals on 35 shots. Viktor Fasth is expected to start on Saturday in Vancouver for Edmonton. The Flames will play for a second straight night after beginning their season at home on Wednesday with a 4-2 loss to the Canucks. Paul Byron and Jiri Hudler lit the lamp in the second period for Calgary, which lost its eighth straight game against Vancouver. Jonas Hiller allowed three goals on 32 shots in his first game with the Flames. We have a young team and were going to learn, Calgary head coach Bob Hartley said. Its too bad because in the third I felt like thats where we played our best hockey. Center Sean Monahan was a game-time decision last night for the Flames due to illness, but ended up logging nearly 18 minutes of ice time versus the Canucks and had an assist. The Flames begin a six-game road trip tonight with Karri Ramo in net. He has split two previous games against the Oilers with a 2.53 goals against average and .928 save percentage. Calgary has also made two line-up changes for tonight. Raphael Diaz will replace Dennis Wideman on defence while David Jones will play up front in place of Brian McGrattan. The Flames won three of five versus the Oilers last season as the home team lost all five encounters. Edmontons Jordan Eberle has 20 points in 21 career games versus Calgary. ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Forum Software von Xobor
Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen
Datenschutz