Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
logo
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 85 mal aufgerufen
 Ihr seid gefragt!
wh3171 Offline

11.11.2019 02:05
praying Oscar Pistorius knelt at her side Antworten

TORONTO -- For the second straight night, Toronto Raptors point guard Kyle Lowry stated his case as an NBA all-star. Cheap Air Max 90 China . But even after pouring in a game-high 33 points in a convincing win over the Orlando Magic, Lowry was managing expectations ahead of Thursdays announcement of the reserves for next months game. "I would be very honoured. It would be a great individual accomplishment," Lowry said when asked if the NBA coaches decision mattered to him. "But at the end of the day, its just another day for me." Even though many would argue Lowry deserves a spot in New Orleans, hes widely expected to be snubbed, a victim of a perceived abrasive personality rather than anything to do with his play. His play spoke volumes again Wednesday. Lowry had 11 assists to go with his 33 points in the Raptors 98-83 win before 17,694 fans at Air Canada Centre. It was Lowrys second consecutive 30-plus point performance -- a career first. The feat is even more impressive because its come in the absence of injured DeMar DeRozan, another potential all-star. "Hes stepped it up," Toronto head coach Dwane Casey said of Lowry, who hit all five of his three-point attempts in the first quarter as the Raptors built a 33-20 lead and led all the way. "I keep my fingers crossed that the coaches voted him in because he deserves it," Casey said. "I feel like both guys (Lowry and DeRozan) deserve it, because right now hes one of the best point guards in the league." Lowry, who had 31 points in a win over the Nets in Brooklyn on Monday, set the tone for the night by opening the scoring with a 26-foot jump shot 58 seconds into the game to make it 3-0. The Raptors led from there, winning their second straight game and fourth in five. "Were just getting better and were grinding it out every day," Lowry said. Amir Johnson added 22 points and 11 rebounds while Jonas Valanciunas, the second-year centre picked earlier Wednesday to suit up in the Rising Stars Challenge at the all-star weekend in New Orleans next month, added 14 points and 15 rebounds for the Raptors. The win moved Toronto (24-21) three games above .500 for the first time this season. The Raptors, who lead the NBAs Atlantic Division by three games over Brooklyn, were 16-29 after 45 games last season on their way to missing the playoffs for a fifth straight year. "We are hungry and we want to win every game we play," said Johnson, who sat in front of his locker after the game with each foot in a bucket of ice nursing an ankle he rolled. "Nobody has an agenda on this team, everybody is sharing the ball." Johnson said it would be "awesome" for Lowry to get his first career all-star nod. "Hes become our all-star and one of the main reasons why we have been so successful winning these games," Johnson said. Facing the NBAs worst road team, the Raptors jumped on Orlando from the start. Led by Lowry, Toronto matched a club record from November 2009 with eight three-pointers in a quarter in the first, and hit 11 of their first 12 shots of the night from beyond the arc. A stretch of nine straight was the first time the team made that many consecutively since February 2005 against the Los Angeles Lakers. "We made shots. We spaced the floor well," Lowry said. The Raptors led by as many as 19 points. Orlando (12-35) cut the lead to eight points with 7:20 to go in the third quarter but thats as close as they got on the way to losing their 10th consecutive road game. The Raptors now head out West on a tough, five-game road trip starting Friday in Denver. Air Max 90 Ultra Outlet . Striker Dario Mandzukic scored the opener in the 22nd minute but was given a red card nine minutes later for a reckless tackle and left Croatia with 10 men for the remainder of the match. Off White Air Max 90 Outlet . Speaking on TSN Radio 1050s TSN Drive with Dave Naylor on Monday, Colangelo said he had no intention of tanking the shortened 2011-12 season, but definitely wanted a high pick in the draft. "I wish that word wasnt used for headline reasons," said Colangelo, "but the story behind it was: how can we fix the system? How can we tweak the system to make it less likely that teams are rewarded for losing records? "I do believe that if youre as transparent as we were at the time - with our season seat holders, our fans, the market place and the media - everybody knew what the plan was and what we were going through. http://www.outletairmax90cheap.com/outlet-air-max-90-ultra-cheap.html . The Bruins forward has been fined $5,000 by the National Hockey League for spearing Red Wings defenceman Danny DeKeyser in the groin.PRETORIA, South Africa -- As the girlfriend he shot in the head lay dead or dying in his home, a weeping, praying Oscar Pistorius knelt at her side and struggled in vain to help her breathe by holding two fingers in her clenched mouth, a witness testified Thursday at the double-amputee runners murder trial. "I shot her. I thought she was a burglar. I shot her," radiologist Johan Stipp, a neighbour, recalled Pistorius saying. The worried neighbour had entered Pistorius home after hearing screams. By that time, the celebrated athlete had carried Reeva Steenkamps bloodied body downstairs following the fatal nighttime shooting in his bathroom. A few minutes after he arrived, Stipp said, Pistorius went back upstairs -- the area where he had shot the 29-year-old model -- and returned. At that point, Stipp said he was concerned that the gun used in the shooting had not been recovered and that a distraught Pistorius was going to harm himself. The testimony did not address what Pistorius did when he went upstairs. Stipps account in a Pretoria court was the first detailed, public description of the immediate aftermath of the shooting in the pre-dawn hours of Feb. 14 last year. Pistorius is charged with premeditated murder after shooting Steenkamp three times out of four shots through the toilet door, with prosecutors trying to build a case that the Olympian intentionally killed Steenkamp after a loud argument. At his bail hearing last year, Pistorius said in a statement read by his lawyer that after he realized he had shot Steenkamp, thinking mistakenly that she was an intruder, he pulled on his prosthetic legs and tried to kick down the toilet door. He said he finally gave up and bashed the door in with a cricket bat. Inside, he said he found Steenkamp, slumped over but still alive. He said he lifted her body and carried her downstairs to seek medical help. On Thursday, as Stipp recalled the sometimes grisly details through questioning by the prosecutor, Pistorius bent forward on the wooden court bench and put his hand over his face. Clutching what appeared to be black rosary beads, Pistorius then moved his hands to cover both ears as Stipp described the scene at the athletes villa sometime after 3 a.m. Pistorius stayed that way for a while in the courtroom, even when one of his lawyers reached back and touched him on the head in an apparent gesture of reassurance. "Oscar was crying all the time," Stipp continued. "He was praying to God, Please let her live." "Oscar said he would dedicate "his life and her life to God" if she would live, Stipp said. The chief defence lawyer, Barry Roux, asked Stipp if he thought Pistorius emotions as the ruunner knelt next to Steenkamp were genuine. Fake Air Max 90 Black. Stipp said he thought they were. "He looked sincere to me," Stipp said of observing Pistorius minutes after hed fatally shot his girlfriend. "He was crying. There were tears on his face." Prosecutors contend that a person who has just killed someone might immediately feel remorse. Stipp, whose house is behind Pistorius, said he had initially been woken by what he described as a womans screams. After calling private security at the gated community, he said he decided he should go and try to help. When he arrived at Pistorius home, he saw that two other responders were already there -- a man standing outside and a woman near the front door as he walked in. He said he rushed right past them and went inside to see if he could be of assistance. "At the bottom of the stairs ... there was a lady lying on her back on the floor," Stipp said of his first observations. "I went near her and as I bent down, I also noticed a man on the left kneeling by her side. He had his left hand on her right groin, and his right hand, the second and third fingers in her mouth." "It was obvious that she was mortally wounded," Stipp said. "She had no pulse in the neck, she had no peripheral pulse. She had no breathing movements that she made." As a radiologist, Stipp is a medical doctor with years of study, and he said he used his expertise to try to save the woman -- even though he was fairly sure his efforts would be in vain. He noticed a wound in the womans right thigh, in her upper arm and in the right side of the head, and there was brain tissue around the skull. Stipp didnt know the man was Pistorius until later, he said. He had mistakenly thought Pistorius lived in a different house in the gated community. Echoing the assertions of two other state witnesses in the trial, Stipp also maintained that he heard a womans screams before and around the time of the gunshots. That is a significant issue in the case. Prosecutors say there was a fight between Pistorius and Steenkamp and that she was screaming before and perhaps during the shooting. Pistorius says he was the only one to scream, mainly after realizing hed shot his girlfriend by mistake. Roux, the defence lawyer, described the head wound as "terrible, serious, devastating," arguing that Steenkamp could not have screamed during the gunfire because she would not have been able to. "What Im saying to you, when you heard screams, it could not have been the deceased," Roux said to Stipp. "Its medically impossible." It is unclear, however, which of the four shots struck Steenkamps head. ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Forum Software von Xobor
Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen
Datenschutz