Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
logo
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 109 mal aufgerufen
 Spielhöhle
Cl11234566 Offline

13.11.2019 03:07
Burke countered on the other end Antworten

SHANGHAI, China -- Richard Gasquet was dealt a setback to his chances of qualifying for the elite ATP Finals after a first-round loss to Vasek Pospisil of Canada 6-3, 6-4 in the Shanghai Masters on Tuesday. The Frenchman, who played in the year-end championships once before in 2007, sits in ninth place in the standings, a mere 20 points behind Stanislas Wawrinka for the last spot in the eight-man field. Pospisil is having a breakthrough year, reaching his maiden Masters semifinal in Montreal and helping guide Canada to the Davis Cup semifinals for the first time last month. The 6-foot-4 (1.93-meter) Canadian overpowered Gasquet with his forehand and serve, hitting 16 winners to just two for the Frenchman in the opening set and finishing with 10 aces. "The key was to stay aggressive the whole time, even in the big moments, going for my shots," Pospisil said. "Its a huge win for me." Pospisil was joined in the second round by countryman Milos Raonic, who served 16 aces to defeat Polish qualifier Michal Przysiezny 6-4, 6-4. The 10th-seeded Raonic is making a late-season run at qualifying for the ATP Finals, as well, reaching back-to-back finals in Bangkok and Tokyo the last two weeks. He won the title in Thailand but lost to Juan Martin del Potro in Japan. Hes 10th in the standings for the ATP Finals, trailing Gasquet by less than 300 points. "Ive had two great weeks leading into this one and forced myself and pushed myself to do well this week," he said. Former No. 1 Lleyton Hewitt jumped out to 3-0 against Andreas Seppi before the Italian reeled off 10 of the next 11 games to win the match 6-4, 6-2. Seppi will play 17-time Grand Slam champion Roger Federer in the next round. Hewitt is working his way back up the rankings after five surgeries in recent years and was coming off an upset win over del Potro at the U.S. Open. The Australian said his wrist has been bothering him in recent weeks and hell undergo tests to determine the extent of the injury. "Ive just had a bit of a niggle," he said. Play was disrupted for the second straight day by the remnants of Typhoon Fitow, which made landfall in southern China early Monday and dumped 6 inches (15 centimetres) of rain on Shanghai, the highest single-day total since 1961. Matches in the main stadium were played with the roof closed, while those scheduled for outer courts were moved to an indoor facility so organizers could attempt to finish the first round on Tuesday. In other matches, 12th-seeded Kei Nishikori of Japan defeated Grigor Dimitrov of Bulgaria 6-3, 6-4, Tommy Robredo of Spain beat countryman Albert Montanes 6-4, 6-1, Benoit Paire of France upset 13th-seeded countryman Gilles Simon 6-4, 6-3, and Frenchman Jeremy Chardy ousted Australian Bernard Tomic 7-5, 6-2. Rafael Nadal, who reclaimed the No. 1 ranking this week, and Novak Djokovic are scheduled to play their opening matches on Wednesday. Off White Air Max 90 Outlet .A. remained bitter for Henrik Lundqvist and the Rangers on the long flight back home to New York. Wholesale Air Max 90 Mens .com) - The Denver Nuggets snapped a losing streak last time out and will try to carry that momentum Saturday night when they welcome the Indiana Pacers to the Pepsi Center. http://www.outletairmax90cheap.com/outle...ltra-cheap.html. 5 Trade Deadline is drawing closer and teams will be deciding on whether to buy or sell while figuring out which players can make the biggest difference and hold the greatest value. Undefeated x Air Max 90 White Solar Red . Messier, who had been a special assistant to Rangers general manager Glen Sather, announced Thursday in a statement that he is resigning in order to "expand the game of hockey in the New York area by developing the Kingsbridge National Ice Center. Cheap Air Max 90 White . -- The taxing preseason, which included two games in China, is finally over. SALT LAKE CITY -- Trey Burke figured he had just enough time to make the move hed been wanting to use all game. "Id been taking that 8-foot jump shot pretty much all night and I wasnt really driving all the way that much," Burke said. "So, in my mind, I thought he was going to go for my shot and contest it. I hit him with the hesitation and got a better shot." Burke barely beat the shot clock on a driving layup over Kemba Walker with 19 seconds left and scored 21 points to power the Utah Jazz past the Charlotte Bobcats 83-80 on Monday night. "He milked the clock very well, was able to attack and made a big shot for us," Utah coach Tyrone Corbin said. "He continues to learn lessons and get better every night." And as Burke improves, so do the Jazz, who are 5-1 when he scores 20 points or more. "It was a grind-out game and Trey made the critical play there at the end," teammate Gordon Hayward said. "Playing in tight games like this helps you grow as players and as a team. We need all the experience we can get." Matched against another 6-foot-1 sparkplug in Walker, Burke faked a shot, hesitated and drove the right side of the lane, releasing the ball just before the shot clock buzzer to give the Jazz a three-point lead in the closing moments of an often listless game. The ball took flight just in time over Walkers outstretched arms. "Kemba had taken a look at the shot clock on the other end, so he knew I didnt have much time," Burke said. "It was a matter of me staying poised because I only had 1 1/2 or 2 seconds to make my move." Alec Burks had 14 points, and Derrick Favours and Marvin Williams added 13 apiece to carry the Jazz to their 10th straight win over the Bobcats. Gerald Henderson had 19 points, none in the fourth quarter, and Al Jefferson and Walker both scored 18 in the Bobcats first stop on a four-game Western Conference swing. The Jazz held Charlotte to 37 per cent shooting and spoiled Jeffersons return to Utah, where he spent the last three seasons. "I just missed some easy shots, especially the one I missed when we were down one. We dug ourselves in a deep hole and had to fight all the way back," said Jefferson, who was 8 of 23 from the field. The Bobcats, unable to sustain any offensive efficiency most of the game, suddenly found some accuracy in the fourth quarter. Walker scored five straight points in a 7-0 run that brought Charlotte to 63-60, but then missed a couple of jump shots. "We were kind of moving slowly all game. But we made a push there at thhe start of the fourth quarter to get us right there at the end of the game," Henderson said.dddddddddddd After seven misses to start the final period, Burke finally scored for the Jazz on a jumper from the wing. Josh McRoberts acrobatic tip-in, however, tied the game at 65 with 5:58 to play. The Bobcats took their first lead since the first quarter at 77-76 after Ramon Sessions was blocked from behind by Hayward on a fast break and Walker put the ball back up and in. Hayward then drove and bounced a pass to Favours for a dunk. After Jefferson came up short on a baby hook, Burke drove the lane and just beat the shot clock with his key layup to give the Jazz an 80-77 lead. The Jazz clinched the game at the line on successive rebound fouls, with Favours making one and Hayward converting a pair with 2.8 seconds left. Jefferson made a half-court shot at the buzzer for the final margin. After a 1-14 start to the season, the Jazz have become healthier and Burke has brought some stability to Utahs offence. The Jazz are 6-5 in their last 11 games. On the other side, the Bobcats have been close in several games but unable to close them out. Their last six losses have come by an average of 3.3 points. "Its a make-or-miss league and they made it and we missed. Thats happened to us the last three nights. Weve gotten good shots by the right people and if were going to win, theyre going to have to go in the basket," Charlotte coach Steve Clifford said. The Bobcats have lost four of five overall and now face three more Western Conference teams, against whom they are 0-4 on the road. Walker has shot 16 of 54 in the past three games but seemed determined to make a difference down the stretch. He scored 10 points in the fourth quarter, but Burke countered on the other end. "The other players and Coach told me to stay aggressive and to pick and choose my spots," Burke said. "I really didnt let those early misses discourage me today. I continued to attack and keep the defence on their heels." The Jazz beat the Bobcats 88-85 on Dec. 21 in a very similar matchup in which both teams seemed to be going through the motions for much of the game. NOTES: Jefferson received a warm round of applause during introductions, greeted all of the scorers table personnel and hugged Jazz CEO Greg Miller in the front row. ... Hayward picked up two fouls in the first 4 minutes. ... Michael Kidd-Gilchrist, injured Dec. 3, had the cast removed from his left hand last week but has not been cleared to practice. ... The Jazz are 9-7 when Williams starts and 1-17 when he doesnt. ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Forum Software von Xobor
Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen
Datenschutz