Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
logo
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 102 mal aufgerufen
 Ihr seid gefragt!
wh3171 Offline

19.11.2019 07:01
could be back up with the Cubs soon. Antworten

CHICAGO -- J. Air Max 90 Mens Outlet .J. Hoover put together his own birthday party at Wrigley Field on Tuesday night. He grabbed another scoreless outing for a present, and the Cincinnati Reds got a big win. Hoover provided terrific relief work on his 26th birthday and Shin-Soo Choo hit a tiebreaking two-run single in the 11th inning, leading Cincinnati to a 6-4 victory over the Chicago Cubs. "The bullpen did a great job again," Reds manager Dusty Baker said. "Hoover did an outstanding job, got a much-needed win considering how he started the season. You know, we just played good baseball." With no outs and the bases loaded, Choo jumped on the first pitch he got from Eduardo Sanchez (0-1) and lined it into the gap in right-centre. Ryan Ludwick and Devin Mesoraco came around to score. Sanchez walked the first two batters of the inning and Cesar Izturis reached on an error by third baseman Donnie Murphy to set up Choos clutch hit. "I tell myself (be) aggressive (for) last at-bat, so I just swing at the first pitch," Choo said. Nate Schierholtz, Dioner Navarro and Murphy homered for Chicago, which was shut out in each of its previous three home games. Schierholtzs two-run drive in the second snapped a franchise-record home scoreless stretch at 33 innings. "Obviously we didnt play really good baseball tonight again," Cubs manager Dale Sveum said. Hoover (3-5) allowed one hit in a career-high 2 1-3 innings, running his scoreless streak to 21 appearances and 24 2-3 innings. The surge, which began with one inning in Chicago on June 13, has lowered his ERA from 5.40 to 2.81. "It was just a small mechanical adjustment that I made mid-year, and its helped me out," he said. Aroldis Chapman finished for his 29th save in 33 chances, closing out Cincinnatis third consecutive win and sixth in seven games. The Reds also improved to 14-1 in their last 15 games at Chicagos cozy neighbourhood ballpark. David DeJesus had a leadoff single in the 10th for the Cubs, but Junior Lake popped up a sacrifice attempt and Hoover turned Anthony Rizzos comebacker into an inning-ending double play. Brandon Phillips had three hits and stole two bases, helping Cincinnati build a 4-2 lead. But Navarro led off the fourth with a drive just past the foul pole in right for his career-high 10th homer, and Murphy tied it with another leadoff shot in the seventh. The three homers allowed matched a career high for Homer Bailey, who gave up six hits and walked three in 6 1-3 innings. He had won each of his previous two starts. "My command was just terrible tonight," he said. "Just one of those nights, I just didnt have good stuff at all. Never really felt like I was in a groove." Jeff Samardzija yielded six hits and walked four in six innings, extending his winless stretch to five games. The right-hander was coming off a disastrous outing at Philadelphia, when he gave up nine runs and 11 hits in just 3 1-3 innings in a 12-1 loss. "I felt good out there. If I had to go back to anything, it was the first-pitch strike," Samardzija said. "I felt like I was behind the count a lot tonight. Even when they are taking a pitch. Thats a big pitch, the first of an at-bat. You want to jump ahead in the count and be aggressive." The unseasonably cool night began with the Cubs holding a pregame ceremony to honour Hall of Famer Ernie Banks, who will receive the Presidential Medal of Freedom in a November ceremony at the White House. Its Americas highest civilian honour for contributions to society. Fellow Hall of Famer Billy Williams paid tribute to his longtime friend with team chairman Tom Ricketts standing nearby, and the 82-year-old Banks waved to the crowd as it saluted "Mr. Cub" with a long ovation. "Its amazing," Banks said. "It means everything to me. Life if is just wonderful. When you do things to help people and share things then it comes back to you. I just worked hard and to try to do my best, loved the players, love Wrigley Field, love all the players." Banks joins an impressive list of baseball players to receive the honour, including Joe DiMaggio, Jackie Robinson, Ted Williams, Hank Aaron, Roberto Clemente, Frank Robinson, Buck ONeil and Stan Musial. NOTES: It was Ludwicks second appearance since he tore cartilage in his right shoulder while sliding headfirst into third base on opening day. ... It looks as if Jorge Soler, one of Chicagos top prospects, could be done for the season. The Cuban outfielder is sidelined with a stress fracture in his left leg. "Fall leagues still very much a possibility," president of baseball operations Theo Epstein said. "Minor league season is looking like it might not happen at this point." The 21-year-old Soler signed a nine-year, $30 million contract with the Cubs last year. ... RHP Jake Arrieta, who was acquired in a July trade with Baltimore, could be back up with the Cubs soon. "Yeah, were getting close to that point," Epstein said. Arrieta is 2-2 with a 3.56 ERA in seven starts with Triple-A Iowa. ... Cubs LHP Chris Rusin (2-1, 3.08 ERA) and Reds RHP Bronson Arroyo (10-9, 3.51 ERA) are scheduled to pitch on Wednesday. Air Max 90 Essential White . Cavaliers shooting guard Craig Ehlo makes a solid play on the ball, but still Jordan hits the amazing shot. Off White Air Max 90 Wholesale . According to TSN Hockey Insider Bob McKenzie, the deal will pay Schenn $2.25 million in the first year and $2.75 million in the second year. In 82 games with the Flyers in 2013-14, Schenn scored 20 goals and added 21 assists. http://www.outletairmax90cheap.com/outlet-air-max-90-white-cheap-411.html . The young man, never lacking confidence, thought he could be really good.SAN FRANCISCO -- Bruce Bochy remembered stressing out while watching Tim Lincecum labour through the final innings of his 148-pitch no-hitter at San Diego last July. The Giants manager said there was "no chance" of stretching out his starter again Wednesday, even after Lincecum logged five hitless innings. Not with a blister forming on the tip of Lincecums middle finger. Not with the Giants owning baseballs best record. And certainly, not with more than half of the season to play. Instead, Lincecum and five relievers combined on a weird two-hitter to lead the San Francisco Giants to a 5-0 win over the Chicago Cubs on Wednesday. "He worked so hard out there. It was time," Bochy said. The unconventional performance included 10 baserunners -- five walks, two hits, two errors and a hit batter -- before an announced sellout crowd of 41,186 at AT&T Park that wanted to cheer history. Lincecum struck out five, walked four and hit a batter in another wild but effective start. George Kontos (1-0) retired four straight before John Baker singled through the right side of the infield with one out in the seventh against lefty Jeremy Affeldt for Chicagos first hit. The Cubs hold the longest streak in the majors without being no-hit. The last time it happened to them was 1965, when Sandy Koufax pitched a perfect game for the Dodgers. "Whats the cliche? Its a game of inches," Baker said. "I think the Chicago Cubs are proving beyond a shadow of a doubt that baseballs a game of inches." Hector Sanchez hit a two-run double, and three others drove in a run to help the Giants (34-19) extend the best record in the majors. San Francisco has won six of seven after holding the Cubs scoreless in consecutive games. Edwin Jackson (3-5) gave up two runs on four hits in 5 1-3 innings for the Cubs, who have not won a road series since last September. He struck out nine and walked two. But for most of a sunny afternoon along the bay, the focus remained on whether San Franciscos staff would complete an improbable no-hitter. Lincecum had a 32-pitch first inning that ended oon Nate Schierholtzs sharp lineout to first baseman Buster Posey with runners on second and third. Air Max 90 Leather White. He tossed another 20 in the second and pitched a perfect third. The two-time NL Cy Young Award winner hit Schierholtz and overcame an error by shortstop Brandon Crawford on a grounder in the fourth. And after walking Emilio Bonifacio in the fifth, Lincecum got Junior Lake to ground into a double play. It was the second straight erratic outing for Lincecum. He walked six in six innings in San Franciscos 6-2 win over Minnesota last Friday. Lincecum said a tiny blister began forming on the tip of his middle finger in the third. He said its not serious, but he didnt want to risker further injury. And with a no-hitter on his resume already, he felt no need to lobby Bochy for another inning. "I think its just because I know what our bullpen is capable of," Lincecum said. "I just wanted to get the win today and put up some good numbers today, so it was good." Jean Machi got two outs on three pitches, Juan Gutierrez allowed a single to Anthony Rizzo in 1 1-3 scoreless innings and Javier Lopez recorded the final two outs in the ninth. San Francisco supplied support for the pitchers in the late innings. Pablo Sandoval and Tyler Colvin drove in a run in the sixth, and Sanchez hit a two-run double to highlight a three-run seventh that gave the Giants a 5-0 lead. Bochy said Sanchez will continue to catch Lincecum most of the season. He said the move is made, in part, to save Posey from the bumps and bruises that often come with catching Lincecum. "We have a good relationship," Sanchez said, "and we work well together." NOTES: Giants RHP Matt Cain, who missed his last start with a strained right hamstring, threw a bullpen session and is on schedule to make his next start Saturday at St. Louis. ... The Cubs have Thursday off before beginning a three-game series at Milwaukee on Friday. ...RHP Ryan Vogelsong (3-2, 3.20 ERA) starts for the Giants in the opener of a four-game series at St. Louis on Thursday. ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Forum Software von Xobor
Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen
Datenschutz