Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
logo
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 214 mal aufgerufen
 Zeichentrick
Cl11234566 Offline

23.11.2019 03:30
back up in the 26th minute Antworten

The Canadian Football Leagues ninth team, the Ottawa Redblacks, still have a long way to go. The 2014 season does have a grace period around it as far as the football season goes and if the Redblacks finish 2-16, which is a distinct possibility, then so be it. From my perception I am just enjoying the fact they are back in the league and as a whole the league is one step closer to a magical 10th team. I anticipated they would have their difficulties and though going into the 18th week of play I was hoping for more than two wins I am not overly disappointed but mildly concerned. The Redblacks organization has a good fan base. They are young, loud and from what I can see from my television screen enjoying TD Place and all that goes with it. But next year if they do not start winning and competing there wont be as many in the seats. And the year after that if things dont change there will be a few less again. And the pattern could be established. It is a challenge in CFL football that the bottom two or even three teams do have attendance issues and the top two or three dont have that problem. I find this issue similar in almost all sports but in the NFL, NBA, NHL and MLB your television revenues and number of teams hide the issue. The NFL has a problem drawing in-stadium fans win or lose and other teams do that do not have success. It is not an unusual problem but in our league it can mean profit or debt. I am very confident in all the people running the Redblacks but next year has to be different and truth is the last three games this year can set up next year. Nothing is more important than finding and keeping good players. In Hamilton it was a good move picking up Nick Grigsby as a running back. Not sure what happened in Winnipeg but who cares. For the Ticats he is a hired gun to replace the ability of injured Mossis Madu and CJ Gable. Come in, learn the offence and have a good attitude. Without a running back I dont give the Ticats much of a chance but with a running back or just the threat of a running game the Ticats are as good as any in the East and can finish first or third. To run an effective offence six things have to be equal in effectiveness. Interior runs and perimeter runs. Deceptive and trick plays, draws screens, and reverse plays. Short, intermediate and long pass plays and a short yardage package of plays. When you start listing these, all of a sudden in your playbook you have over 200 plays to cover all the areas but, and this is critical, without a good running back you can eliminate half of what you want to do. Good job of Hamilton picking up Grigsby. He may have attitude questions but he is a great athlete and an educated running back. With Montreal, surprise, surprise they are looking good. Jonathan Crompton has a unique skill set but it works and this was a typical game for him, 19-of-28, 219 yards with one touchdown and no interceptions. Nothing spectacular at all but when the game ends, Montreal wins. Defensively only 12 yards allowed in the third quarter for the Argonauts and they could not get past their own 40-yard line. Tom Higgins as a head coach has earned some credit. His re-organization of the offence has worked and what was dysfunctional is now rather efficient. Jeff Garcia makes a difference and Higgins stayed the course. With Ottawa, Toronto and Hamilton 1-2-3 in the division, Montreal controls it all and I would have never thought that 10 weeks ago. What I do think now is that Calgary is the best in the league and Jon Cornish is a very good running back. Those are obvious statements I know but as a team with exceptional depth Calgary is exceptional. And with Dave Dickenson calling plays Cornish receives his opportunities to excel. Dickenson never forgets his best player and it seems like every two, three or at the most four plays it is Cornish who gets the ball. Its smart, disciplined play calling from a smart disciplined former player in Dave Dickenson. Winnipeg is experiencing the same issue, a defence that cant play effective run defence as Cornish ran for 160 yards on only 21 carries. In Sunday afternoons Edmonton-Saskatchewan game Kerry Joseph started at quarterback and I was surprised. It had been October 2012 since he had been a starter and overall he did not look out of place. He was not great statistically but provided a calming effect and some good moments. Take away the Kendial Lawrence kick return for a touchdown and the Riders could have won that one. Would I stick with Joseph for the Calgary game next week and Edmonton the final week? Yes I would. Overall 17-of-36 for 213 yards is not spectacular but I think given more reps and time Joseph will improve. I cant say that with the other two quarterbacks on the Riders roster right now. Watch out for B.C. They have gone three straight games without a touchdown allowed on defence. They are playing Winnipeg and Edmonton on the road, but Week 20 at home to Calgary may be a meaningless game for the Stampeders. And finally, watch out for Montreal. They look confident and holding Ray to 200 yards passing says a lot. Three weeks to go, and six playoff opportunities around the league. Balenciaga Triple s Cheap . Josh Bailey had a goal and an assist as the New York Islanders earned a 2-1 win over Ottawa Wednesday, leaving the Senators five points out of a playoff spot with just five games to play and four teams ahead of them. Yeezy Store China Website . 1. CAVALIERS: At 19-20, theyre a mess. Watched the game Tuesday night vs. Phoenix and their defence was poor (107 points and 52 per cent for Suns). Where is the high level play from Kyrie Irving and LeBron James (13 turnovers!)? Kevin Love looks like a man thats wondering what he got himself into. http://www.brandshoescheaponline.com/who...e-sale.html.com) - Willie Cauley-Stein and Karl-Anthony Towns each scored 12 points in the top-ranked Kentucky Wildcats 70-55 victory over the Alabama Crimson Tide. Discount Nike Air Max . Every once in awhile, it seems like life lets dreams become real - and that is a gift. Cheap Balenciaga Shoes China . -- New York Yankees centre fielder Jacoby Ellsbury was sent for an MRI Thursday of his ailing right calf, which was negative.HOUSTON -- A week after Toronto FC came from two-goals down to earn a two-goal victory over the Houston Dynamo, Toronto FC saw themselves down a goal twice in the first half. This time Toronto was not able to get a win, but they were able to get a much-needed point on the road to extend its unbeaten streak to three games with a 2-2 draw Saturday night. First half goals by Gilberto and Dominic Oduro were enough for Toronto (7-5-5, 26 points) to earn the draw. "Id rather get three points than a goal, but we showed we are a strong team right now," said Oduro. "We fought hard. In this heat, to get a point on a road -- any time you get a point on the road is good. We showed we had character today. Thats what the coaching staff has been trying to tell us, and thats what we are trying to learn." Toronto missed a chance to tie the score at two in the 28th minute as Michael Bradley missed a penalty kick off the right post. Toronto was awarded the penalty kick a minute earlier as Nick Hagglund was brought down in the box by Corey Ashe. Oduro, however, was able to tie it in first half stoppage by chesting a Luke Moore pass into the right net from the centre goalkeepers box after Moore was able to beat A.J. Cochran down the left endline. "We know we have the ability to score goals," Toronto head coach Ryan Nelsen said. "I think it was fatigue in that second half that probably dampened our attacking flair. Obviously, that penalty didnt help when that misses. That kind of deflates the team, but they kept going and going and going. I couldnt be happier for the boys, especially when you have to back up a Wednesday and come to Houston in July. Thats tough." Oduro scored his second goal in three games -- both in first half stoppage agaiinst his former team.dddddddddddd Oduro said his goal was critical and motivated the team going into the locker room. "Its always good to score against my former team, but thats not the idea of it," said Oduro said. "It kind of helps. It boosted our spirits. I want to score against any team no matter what. Just sometimes, scoring against a former team is a bit bittersweet." Toronto needed that goal as they were unable to get much going in the second half, with only two shots on net. Gilberto tied it at one in the 18th minute, taking a pass in the center box from Justin Morrow, dribbling to his right and striking a right-footed shot through traffic and into the left net from 16 yards out. The goal was Gilbertos second of the season. "Im very happy with the result," Gilberto said through a translator. "Happy I scored. I want to continue working hard and providing for the team and to increase my work ethic so I can help on the field." Giles Barnes put Houston (5-11-4, 19 points) back up in the 26th minute at 2-1, shooting from 25 yards out in the middle and getting it just inside the near post. Will Bruin gave the Dynamo a 1-0 lead in the 11th minute, capitalizing on a Toronto turnover and beating Toronto goalkeeper Joe Bendik to the ball on the right side of the goalkeepers box and hitting it into the left net. Michael Bradleys header back to the Toronto defence went to Bradley Orr, who tried to back pass it to Bendik, but Bruin was able to knock it free to set up the goal. Houston, which saw its winless streak stretched to eight games, nearly doubled its lead seconds before Gilbertos goal as Brad Davis headed the ball to himself and turned and fired from the upper left box, but was stopped by Bendik. ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Forum Software von Xobor
Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen
Datenschutz