Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
logo
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 119 mal aufgerufen
 Ihr seid gefragt!
Cl11234566 Offline

02.12.2019 03:40
for why he selected Antworten

NEW YORK -- Mets general manager Sandy Alderson had to hear the booing at Citi Field throughout a miserable homestand. He took steps to begin fixing the problems Monday after a 5-3 loss to the Pittsburgh Pirates, firing hitting coach Dave Hudgens and cutting reliever Jose Valverde. "This is a very difficult decision to make. Ive known Dave for many years, decades," Alderson said. "Our situational hitting is not where we want it to be." Minor league hitting co-ordinator Lamar Johnson will take over for Hudgens. The 63-year-old Johnson has been in this role with the Mets for 10 of his 11 years in the organization and is responsible for helping teach the organizations hitting philosophy throughout the minors. The Mets have tried to implement a plan of patience at the plate but the results have not shown. "Our hitting approach will not change appreciably," Alderson said. "Any time theres a new person, theres a new voice, a new take, a different interpretation both from a mechanical and an approach point of view." The 57-year-old Hudgens was in his fourth season as the Mets hitting coach. The Mets began the day with a .237 batting average, ranking among the worst in the majors. They have scored just 32 runs in losing nine of 12. "This is by no means Dave Hudgens fault. Not whatsoever," manager Terry Collins said. "Its about trying to get the execution better. Well see if change helps." The problems are more glaring with runners in scoring position: New York is 13 for 66 (.197) in that situation in the first seven games of a nine-game homestand after getting one hit in eight tries Monday. The Mets hit into five double plays Sunday in a 2-1 loss to Arizona in the first-game of a doubleheader. Daniel Murphy hit into one of the teams two double plays Monday, wiping out another hit by Jacob deGrom. "Theres frustration at the way were playing. Theres frustration with the way the offence is going and that Dave unfortunately bears the brunt of that," Murphy said. "It stinks." David Wright was unhappy that the popular coach lost his job over what he thinks is the players fault. "When you struggle the way weve struggled offensively, a finger, obviously, gets pointed. A lot of times that finger gets pointed unfairly," Wright said. Alderson said this was not to read as a warning to Collins. "I think this is in response to a specific situation," Alderson said. "Nothing else should be read into it by any means." The Mets have been revamping their bullpen, and Valverdes dismissal after allowing four runs while getting only two outs in the eighth and ninth innings is the next step. With new closer Jenrry Mejia unavailable after pitching both games of the doubleheader Sunday, Collins turned to Valverde. Valverde (1-1) was booed off the field after allowing pinch-hitter Jose Tabatas tying single in the eighth. He returned for the ninth and was even worse, yielding four runs overall. "Dont think for one second that theres not a guy in there that realizes that this is part of it. We just released one of the best professionals I ever been around in Jose Valverde," a fired-up Collins said. "You deal with it, and if you cant you dont belong in the game." With one out in the ninth, Valverde gave up a single to Neil Walker and walked Andrew McCutchen. Gary Sanchez, who homered off Scott Rice to open the eighth, then singled to left, scoring Walker. Juan Centeno couldnt handle Curtis Grandersons throw that bounced to the right of the plate and skittered past Valverde, who was backing up but way too close to the catcher. McCutchen scored on Grandersons error for a two-run lead. Valverde gave up four runs as the Pirates took the lead. The 36-year-old righty was 1-1 with a 5.66 ERA. Valverde joined the Mets this year after pitching for Detroit last season. He briefly was New Yorks closer before losing the job. Reporters were told Valverde had left the ballpark even though his street clothes remained in his locker. Right-hander Vic Black is being recalled from Triple-A Las Vegas to fill Valverdes spot. "Our bullpen will get better when our young pitchers emerge at the major league level," Alderson said. "Not only will we have better arms, but well have more flexibility." In the minors, top prospect Noah Syndergaard was placed on the disabled list, retroactive to May 22, because of a mild flexor-pronator strain in his right elbow. The flexor-pronator muscle is on the inside of the elbow, forearm area. The Mets said the Triple-A Las Vegas ace will be brought to New York for an exam. Syndergaard was acquired in a trade that sent 2012 Cy Young Award winner R.A. Dickey to Toronto. He is Baseball Americas No. 6 righty pitching prospect and is expected to make his big league debut this year. "Were very concerned about it, obviously, I dont know too many guys -- I shouldnt say that, I know a lot of guys who go to the doctor and its nothing. But I know some go to the doctor and its an issue," Collins said. "Anytime you go in and the word elbow shows up, especially when you throw as hard as he does, its a concern. NOTES: The Mets placed OF Eric Young Jr. on the DL because of a right hamstring strain. They recalled OF Matt den Dekker from Triple-A Las Vegas to take his place. ... Up Next: Pirates RHP Edinson Volquez (2-4) faces Mets LHP Jonathon Niese (3-3) on Tuesday night. College Jerseys . -- Washington Redskins linebacker Brian Orakpo is going to the Pro Bowl as a replacement for San Francisco 49ers linebacker Ahmad Brooks. Authentic NCAA Jerseys .Y. -- Barry Bonds, Roger Clemens, Sammy Sosa and Mark McGwire will have less time to remain eligible for the Hall of Fame ballot under changes made Saturday. https://www.cheapncaajerseysjustwholesale.com/. A day after FIFA Secretary General Jerome Valcke said three stadiums would not be ready in time for the Dec. 31 deadline, Brazilian officials said they actually plan to deliver all six remaining venues after that date. They claim only three are delayed, with the other three being handed over after the expected date only because of problems accommodating the schedule of Brazilian President Dilma Rousseff, who wants to be present for the ceremonies. NCAA Jerseys For Sale . RAPTORS STRUGGLING: The bottom line is the true test in sports isnt just how you handle failure, but how you handle success. NCAA Jerseys . TSNs coverage of the Third Round gets underway Sunday with Game 1: Los Angeles at Chicago at 3pm et/Noon pt. TSNs broadcast schedule for the Third Round of the 2014 Stanley Cup Playoffs is as follows: Chicago Blackhawks vs. Los Angeles Kings• Game 1: Los Angeles at Chicago – Sunday, May 18 at 3pm et/Noon pt• Game 2: Los Angeles at Chicago – Wednesday, May 21 at 8pm et/5pm pt• Game 4: Chicago at Los Angeles – Monday, May 26 at 9pm et/6pm pt Featured in the broadcast booth for TSN are play-by-play announcer Chris Cuthbert and game analyst Ray Ferraro, with Farhan Lalji contributing reports from rinkside. MONTREAL -- A stunning climb in the world rankings and taking a set off the best female tennis player on the planet was reward enough for Eugenie Bouchards hard work in 2013. Now the native of Westmount, Que., is shooting for silverware. "I want to win a title (in 2014), thats for sure," said Bouchard, who surged to No. 32 in the WTA rankings this year from 144th. "Ill be happy with any title but the bigger the tournament is the better it will be. And my ultimate objective is a Grand Slam." Besides her lofty rise in the WTA standings, Bouchard defeated Ana Ivanovic -- then ranked world No. 12 -- in the second round of Wimbledon, forced Serena Williams to three sets in Cincinnati and was named WTA Newcomer of the Year. These accomplishments have earned Bouchard, who turns 20 in February, the Bobbie Rosenfeld Award as The Canadian Press female athlete of 2013. Bouchard received 45 per cent of ballots cast, finishing well ahead of snowboarder Dominique Maltais and speedskater Christine Nesbitt, who each had 11 per cent. "Its special," Bouchard said of the award, which is determined through balloting among sports editors and broadcasters across the country. "It just shows how much hard work Ive put in this year that Ive had good results. It makes me more proud of my year." Bouchard said her first full year on the tour allowed her to appreciate the differences from the junior circuit, where she starred in 2012 while winning the Wimbledon junior championship. "I feel like Ive had a lot of good experiences this year that will help me in the future," she said. "I got to play a lot of big matches on centre courts at Grand Slams like at the French Open and Wimbledon." Fellow tennis player Milos Raonic was voted The Canadian Press male athlete of the year on Thursday. Canadas team of the year will be revealed Saturday. A number of womens tennis players have won the Canadian Press honour over the years. Aleksandra Wozniak was the last to do so, taking the honour in 2009. Helen Kelesi and Carling Bassett are also former winners. Praise poured in for Bouchard from those who selected her for the Rosenfeld Award, originally awarded in 1933 and named foor the Olympic champion and all-round athlete who was voted Canadas top female athlete for the first half of the 20th century.dddddddddddd "Eugenie Bouchard is a name I think were going to be hearing a lot of in the future," said Montreal Gazette sports editor Stu Cowan. "Shes only going to get better and seems to have the game -- and the strength -- to make it into the top 10. Her name could be at the top of this list for years to come. A real breakout year from her." Pierre Champoux, news director at Radio-Canada.ca, suggested there doesnt seem to be much that can stop her from continuing her dramatic rise in the rankings. "How far will she go?" Champoux said. "Eugenie Bouchard opened the eyes of all Canadians with her dazzling progress among the best tennis players in the world." The expectations are high, but Bouchard says shes not going to let that get to her. "I put enough pressure on myself, so Im just going to focus on that and not worry about what other people think because thats out of my control," she said. "I really just want to focus on my tennis and, if I play well, if I perform well, then the results will come." Moses Woldu, sports director at Newcap TV (CKSA, CITL) in Lloydminster, Alta., put it succinctly for why he selected Bouchard. "Moving 100 spots in the tennis world rankings speaks for itself." Maltais, of Petite-Riviere-Saint-Francois, Que., enjoyed a stellar year of her own, winning the overall World Cup snowboard cross title and a world silver medal. That was enough for Bob Addison, sports anchor for Vancouver radio station CKNW. "Tough choice, but Maltais takes it as the overall World Cup champ," he said. Others who received votes included heptathlete Brianne Theisen-Eaton, paralympic swimmer Valerie GrandMaison, gymnast Rosie MacLennan, snowboarder Maelle Ricker, mixed martial artist Alexis Davis, freestyle skier Chloe Dufour-Lapointe, snowboarder Spencer OBrien and bobsledder Kaillie Humphries. Bouchard becomes the fourth tennis player to win the Bobbie Rosenfeld Award. Carling Bassett took it in 1983 and 1985, Helen Kelesi in 1989 and 1990 and Aleksandra Wozniak in 2009. ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Forum Software von Xobor
Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen
Datenschutz