Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
logo
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 116 mal aufgerufen
 Ihr seid gefragt!
Cl11234566 Offline

01.11.2019 02:48
Span grounded out against Choate Antworten

After two disappointing performances following the World Cup break, the Whitecaps returned to winning ways at home to Seattle Sounders last Saturday. The Caps now have the opportunity to make it back-to-back victories when they host Chivas USA at BC Place on Saturday night, live on TSN 2. The Form: The Whitecaps failed to score against Montreal Impact and Colorado Rapids but they found the net against Seattle thanks to another wonder-strike from Sebastian Fernandez. The 1-0 win against the Sounders was the Whitecaps 4th clean sheet of the season, and their second in a row at home. Honduran international Johnny Leveron had arguably his best game as a Cap in the centre of defence alongside Carlyle Mitchell, and defensive consistency should now be an aim for a club that has conceded two or more goals in half of its 16 matches. The Whitecaps have only lost once in their last nine matches and havent been beaten at home since early April. They are fifth in the Western Conference standings but with Portland and LA Galaxy close behind in the race for the playoffs. The Big Question: Can the Whitecaps stop Erick Torres? The young Mexican is the reigning MLS Player of the Week, and he is currently one of the leagues hottest strikers. He has scored 12 goals this season, including the winner in the last three matches and is second in scoring in MLS. Torres has been a tormentor for the Caps in the last couple of meetings. He scored against them when the teams drew 1-1 in California in March and got two goals in the 2-2 tie at BC Place last season. "He has super movement and is an excellent finisher so we will have to be on our game, not just the defenders but as a team," said Whitecaps head coach Carl Robinson. The Opposition: Chivas USA are in excellent form as they arrive at BC Place. Having spent most of the season adrift at the bottom of the Western Conference, they have won their last three matches in a row and are now five points behind the Whitecaps. It hasnt just been about the excellent form of Torres. Chivas resurgence has been led by a new-found defensive solidity. They have kept three consecutive clean sheets, winning all of their last three matches by a score of 1-0. Chivas have strengthened their squad with the arrivals of some experienced MLS talent such as Marvin Chavez and Nathan Sturgis. They have also recently welcomed defensive midfielder Oswaldo Minda back from the World Cup where he appeared in two matches for Ecuador. The Lineup: With three matches in the space of a week, including two on the road, Carl Robinson will likely need to rely on his squad depth over the next week. Kicking off the week at home to Chivas theres a good chance he will name the same XI that started against Seattle. The Odds: The Whitecaps need to pick up points against the teams below them in the Western Conference standings, and also make home advantage count. Despite the string recent form of Chivas USA, Vancouver will go into this game as favourites, as they look to record consecutive victories for just the second time this season. Where to Watch: Vancouver Whitecaps against Chivas USA is live on TSN 2 on Saturday night at 10pm ET, 7pm PT. Fake Soccer Jerseys . 22 because of a bruised foot and have added forward Sean Collins to the roster on emergency recall from Springfield of the AHL. Cheap Soccer Jerseys Authentic . Amid a rain of confetti, Shabazz Napier basked in the celebration on the court after being named the Most Outstanding Player of the Final Four following the 60-54 win over Kentucky. https://www.soccerjerseyschina.us/. Bryce Harper? He also came into Wednesday without a long ball and hadnt driven in a run. He was hitting .160, had nearly three times as many strikeouts as hits and was dropped to seventh in the batting order. Stitched Soccer Jerseys .Tatjana Haenni, FIFAs head of womens competitions, told a FIFA Live Your Goals Tour news conference Friday that the artificial turf is being tested to make sure it meets standards. Cheap Soccer Jerseys . PETERSBURG, Fla.ST. LOUIS - The timing was perfect for Matt Adams dad to make a weekend visit to Busch Stadium. The burly first baseman is playing well after a stint on the 15-day disabled list, giving Jamie Adams a lot to smile about. "I think anybody here would like to have their parents around, especially on Fathers Day weekend," Adams said after hitting the go-ahead home run for the second straight game in a 4-1 victory over the Washington Nationals on Saturday. "Tonight was a little better," Adams said. "Coming the day before Fathers Day is great." Adams connected against Stephen Strasburg in St. Louis three-run seventh inning, driving a 3-1 offering over the wall in right-centre. On Friday, he homered on his first swing in his return from a left calf strain, lifting St. Louis to a 1-0 victory. "I think Im just waiting out the pitchers," Adams said. "I went down to Memphis to get my timing back and my confidence is up." The Cardinals batted around in the seventh with the help of two infield hits, a hit batter and two walks, one of them by Matt Holliday with the bases loaded against Drew Storen. Allen Craig added an infield hit off Storen on a slow tapper halfway down the third-base line. "What can you say?" Nationals catcher Jose Lobaton said. "Theyve been throwing good and today was one of those days." Jayson Werth had an RBI double in the first for the Nationals, who managed just four hits for a two-day total of six. Its their first series loss since losing a pair to Miami from May 26-28, and they will try to avoid a three-game sweep in the series finale Sunday. St. Louis reliever Randy Choate (1-2) needed one pitch to escape a bases-loaded threat in the seventh after a strong start from Shelby Miller, who gave up four hits in 6 2-3 innings. Pat Neshek worked a perfect eighth and Trevor Rosenthal finished for his 19th save in 22 chances. Strasburg allowed three runs and seven hits in 6 2-3 innings in his first career appearance in St. Louis. It was his 11th consecutive quality start, but he dropped to 5-3 with a 2.22 ERA in that stretch that began April 20 when he gave up two runs in six innings at home against the Cardinals. Strasburg didnt pitch in the 2012 NL division series against St. Louis after the Nationals shut him down the final month of thhe season.dddddddddddd They lost a five-game series. "It was just fun to finally get a chance to pitch here," Strasburg said. "I wanted to go out there and give it everything I had and I feel like I did that, so I can sleep easy tonight." Strasburg allowed just two homers in his previous seven starts, and Adams long ball was the Cardinals first off the right-hander in four career appearances. "In the grand scheme of things you can always second-guess yourself, but I think if I threw a 3-1 changeup there, especially if hes in swing mode, I probably wouldnt have had that result," Strasburg said. "Who knows? Im not going to dwell on it too much, just going to learn from it and move on." St. Louis pitchers have permitted just one run in the Cardinals last five victories, including a pair of 5-0 wins over Toronto and a 1-0 victory against Tampa Bay. Miller matched his season best with seven strikeouts but walked four, including two for Strasburg, batting .077 with two hits on the year. Strasburgs second walk loaded the bases, but Denard Span grounded out against Choate. "Ill say this just to make him mad, but it looks like he got a little tired," manager Mike Matheny said of Miller. "Those are the things that they dont like to hear, so hell come back and have something to say about that for sure." Span went 0 for 4 and is hitless in his last 18 at-bats over the last five games. Anthony Rendon singled with one out in the first and scored from first on Werths double to right-centre. Craig made a sliding stop to cut the ball off and couldnt recover in time. It was tied in the third after a two-out rally started by Millers fourth hit of the season — and third double. The pitcher scored standing up on Matt Carpenters single. NOTES: Cardinals LHP Jaime Garcia (2-0, 4.26 ERA) opposes Doug Fister (5-1, 2.68 ERA) on Sunday. Garcia is 3-1 against the Nationals and Fister has won his last five starts. ... The game time of 2 hours, 3 minutes for the series opener Friday night was the shortest in the major leagues this season. ... The Cardinals have won 11 of the last 13 regular-season meetings with Washington and are 17-2 at home the last two years against the NL East. ... The Nationals are 30-2 when scoring four or more runs and 5-30 when scoring three or fewer runs. ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Forum Software von Xobor
Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen
Datenschutz