Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
logo
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 89 mal aufgerufen
 Ihr seid gefragt!
Cl11234566 Offline

15.11.2019 03:53
signed Ribeiro to a four-year Antworten

OTTAWA -- Henry Burris boasts an impressive CFL resume. Over 15 seasons, hes twice won a league championship, been named a Grey Cup and CFL MVP and is one of just five players ever to surpass the 50,000-yard passing plateau. But even with 17 years of pro football under his belt -- he also played in the NFL with Green Bay and Chicago -- the 39-year-old Texan will experience a career first Friday night when he leads the expansion Ottawa Redblacks (0-2) into their first-ever game at TD Place Stadium against the Toronto Argonauts (1-2). Watch the Redblacks vs. Argonauts live tonight on TSN and TSN GO at 7pm et/4pm pt. "Ive never been in this position before," Burris said following Thursdays practice. "I played in the first Monday night game following 9/11 (Green Bays 37-0 win over Washington on Sept. 24, 2001), Ive played in Grey Cups and those were some pretty emotional times for me. "But I can just imagine how emotional and how much energy is going to be in this stadium and this entire city. I know this fanbase has waited since 2005 to have a true home game and a true home stadium. Its an honour to be here and able to be part of this team to break ground as far as getting this organization and city back into football." Not since the former Renegades in November 2005 has a CFL team played a home game in Ottawa and the city hasnt celebrated a Grey Cup winner since 76 when Tony Gabriels historic TD catch rallied the Rough Riders to a thrilling 23-20 victory over Saskatchewan. But a sellout gathering of 24,000 will be on hand for the Redblacks inaugural home game. "Its a big deal and weve been waiting for this day for a long time.," said Ottawa head coach Rick Campbell. "Weve had a bunch of firsts over the last several months as far as whats gone on with our franchise and (Thursday) will be a big night and were definitely proud of it." Its only fitting that Burris achieve a career first going head-to-head with Toronto quarterback Ricky Ray. The two had many memorable battles when they were with the Calgary Stampeders and Edmonton Eskimos, respectively, and last year Burris led the Hamilton Tiger-Cats past the Argos in the East Division final. "I feel like were in The Matrix, we keep following each other," Burris said. "It seems in the most special moments, we always go against each other. "Hes done a lot of great things in his time and I hope thats a two-way street. When we see each other on the sidelines we want to beat each other." But Ray has much more to be concerned about than outplaying Burris. Toronto will be minus its top three receivers in Chad Owens (foot), Andre Durie (clavicle) and Jason Barnes (knee), meaning youngsters Anthony Coombs, Terrell Sinkfield and Darvin Adams will all start versus Ottawa. "Thats going to be tough," Ray said. "Any time you dont have a starter in the lineup you cant rely on the production youre used to getting. "With these guys, theyve been here, theyve been through training camp, they know the offence. Its just about being out there and not thinking too much when theyre playing and trying to avoid some of those mistakes and be able to play fast. Until you have that game experience together, you dont know what to expect. Were all going to be out here learning a little bit, hopefully we can get it done." Veteran Ottawa defensive back Jovon Johnson said it doesnt really matter who the Argos have at receiver because Ray is the key to their offence. "He takes the passes that you give him, he doesnt force things downfield," Johnson said. "He doesnt do things hes not accustomed to doing, thats what makes him great. "To not have guys like Chad Owens and Andre Durie, Im sure thats big for them because they go to Owens and Durie a lot. Its one of those unknown things, you dont know who theyre going to play and just have to be ready for whatever comes your way." With Ottawas first home game generating such a huge buzz here -- a pep rally was held Thursday at city hall -- the Redblacks will definitely have the home-field advantage as they search for their first-ever win. However, that also means therell be a lot of pressure on them to perform well. "Hopefully its loud and exciting," Argos head coach Scott Milanovich said. "Our guys are looking forward to playing in the new stadium being kind of the first show in town." Toronto receiver John Chiles, who played collegiately at Texas, said a big, loud crowd can dramatically impact the outcome of a game. "Im expecting it to be crazy, Im expecting it to be loud, Im expecting the fans to be up and screaming and having a good time," Chiles said. "In college I played before 110,000 people every week and I remember when it got loud it got tough for teams and they struggled against us. "And even at some away games it was tougher for me being on the road. The crowd can definitely have an effect on the game." However, Chiles said the Argos arent looking to play the spoiler role. "No, we try not to use that term," he said. "Were just focusing in on what we need to do to win and not get too involved with the extra stuff." Campbell said while hes looking forward to the Redblacks having a rabid home crowd firmly behind them, its important his players avoid being swept up in that emotion. "We just have to make sure we keep our heads about us," he said. "I know this is going to be a great place to be, we just need to make sure were good on our assignments and what were doing and go out there and play football." That wont be a problem for Johnson. "Im never nervous," he said. "Im always even-keeled, thats just me and my personality. I always want to perform and never feel pressure on the field. "You cant look at it as extra pressure. Id call it added incentive for us to go out and play well and give them (fans) a team they can look forward to." Luke Voit Yankees Jersey . Icardi is living with the ex-wife of former teammate Maxi Lopez, and the Sampdoria forward refused to shake Icardis hand before kickoff. Walter Samuel and Rodrigo Palacio also scored for Inter while Lopez had a penalty saved. Cameron Maybin Jersey . -- Fresh off their surprising run in the playoffs, the Portland Trail Blazers have signed head coach Terry Stotts to a multi-year contract extension. https://www.cheapyankees.com/1461g-johnn...ey-yankees.html. -- When Steve Blake checked in at the scorers table with 5:25 remaining in the third quarter, Stephen Curry shook his head and shouted across the court, asking Golden State Warriors coach Mark Jackson not to take him out. Billy Martin Yankees Jersey . The result was a game-winning, power-play goal. Chiasson snapped a third-period tie and lifted the Dallas Stars to a 3-2 victory on Monday night. Masahiro Tanaka Jersey . Speaking with TSN 1050 following Brendan Shanahans introductory press conference, the Leafs GM also addressed the clubs perceived leadership issues and the type of working relationship that can be expected within Torontos front office. GLENDALE, Ariz. -- The Arizona Coyotes knew Mike Ribeiro had behavioural issues when they signed him before last season, but hoped a reunion with coach Dave Tippett would help him. It didnt, at least not to the Coyotes satisfaction. The Coyotes initiated a buyout of the final three years of Ribeiros contract on Friday, parting ways with their top off-season acquisition from a year ago. "Mike had some real behavioural issues we felt we could not tolerate going forward," Coyotes general manager Don Maloney said. The Coyotes had sought a playmaking centre for years and appeared to have landed one when they signed Ribeiro to a four-year, $22 million contract last off-season. He was one of the top free agents on the market last year and was considered a major couup for the franchises new ownership group, IceArizona, which had agreed on a lease agreement to keep the team in Glendale just three days earlier.dddddddddddd The 34-year-old Ribeiro showed flashes of the brilliance he had in Washington, where he played at a point-per-game pace during the lockout-shortened 2012-13 season. But as the season wore on, Ribeiro became less effective and struggled with personal problems despite playing for Tippett, his former coach in Dallas. Ribeiro was a healthy scratch in games against Pittsburgh and New Jersey late in the season while the Coyotes were fighting for a playoff spot and was largely ineffective down the stretch. He finished with 16 goals and 31 assists in 80 games. The Coyotes became the Arizona Coyotes on Friday. ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Forum Software von Xobor
Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen
Datenschutz